The Hunt.

"Good morning everyone. You are all well aware that we'll be starting that teamwork project today." Professor Cloud said as he looked around at everyone. He had his clipboard in hand and was marking off the people who were absent. He finished quickly and began walking to the door, continuing to speak. "We'll be starting out in the arena. Please make your way there now. Make sure you have your paper that tells you what you and your partner will be looking for." Everyone began to exit the classroom. I followed behind everyone with Opal, not caring to walk with Tyr. Everyone finally arrived at the entrance of the arena. I nodded at Opal, walking away to go stand next to Tyr as Professor Cloud instructed everyone. He began sharing some last minute details. "This may take the whole day..it may not. It's all up to how you and your partner work together. Remember, this isn't about who gets everything done first. You're being graded on teamwork." He looked at his watch briefly before speaking on final word. "Go."

  I unfolded the paper with the assigned item on it. Tyr looked over my shoulder as I stared down at the paper. "We're looking for a pink teddy bear." I said. Tyr took the paper from me, getting a better look at it as if he thought I was joking around. "Oh, so we are. This shouldn't be too hard." He said before tossing the paper back at me. I was able to catch it before it landed in the dirt. I sighed, speaking as I out the paper in my pocket. "You realize we have no way to track a stuffed animal and it could be anywhere in this forest. I say we split up. We'll cover more ground, and if one of us were to find the bear it wouldn't take that long to meet up again because of our we can easily track each other." I saw Tyr's lips form a smirk as he placed a hand on my head. I was about to object, but he spoke first. "As true as that is, we're walking together." I moved my head away, his hand no longer being on top of it. I favored my plan over his, but looks like there was no getting away from this one.

Tyr and I had been roaming the forest for almost half an hour. My black fluffy tail swished around as I walked. Every now and then Tyr and I would have to push through some thick bushes. I heard a groan behind me as I made my way through another large bush. It was Tyr. I turned to him, an unamused expression clearly shown on my face. "What.." I said, my eyes locked on Tyr. "I'm bored." Tyr complained as he pushed through the thick bush I had just wiggled out of. "Are you really going to complain? Not too long ago you were all excited about this project. What happened?" I asked, leaning against the trunk of a nearby tree. "It's just a lot of work to find a little stuffed animal." Tyr said, a bored look present on his face. He looked as if he was a little kid stuck in the back of a long line. I motioned for him to keep walking. "Listen, the faster this is done the faster you won't have to be out here. Although, I don't see why you're not enjoying it out here. You're a werewolf demon. Werewolves like forests." Tyr was walking beside me as I talked. He chuckled a bit before speaking. "I never said I didn't like it out here. I just don't like looking for a stuffed bear."

The ground began sloping down ahead of us. We kept walking, slowly now to decrease our chances of tripping and rolling down the rocky ground. "I'm sure we'll find the bear, and if we don't find the bear the other pair that got the same item as us will find it." I explained, stopping at the bottom of the hill where the ground became leveled again. Tyr raised an eyebrow before stopping beside me. "Pfft. What's good about that? We need the bear." I knew Tyr wasn't the smartest demon ever, but I would've at least thought he would be able to understand the benefits of what I just explained. "It's good because we would just have to battle them, win, and then take the bear. It talks about that in the packet. Now, you need to stop complaining. It doesn't make you any stronger." I looked at Tyr, waiting for a response and possibly more complaints since that seems to be one of his favorite things right behind flirting with girls. "I see. That makes sense. You're pretty clever for your kind." He smirked and rubbed my ears. I slapped his hand away and began walking again. I couldn't see his expression because my back was to him, but I'm sure he had that same sly smirk on his face.