Away

I sat comfortably on my cushioned couch. The flatscreen in my room was on and displaying the movie Howl's Moving Castle. My calm crimson eyes were glued to the screen as I cuddled a black rectangular pillow that I had taken from my bed. I was so focused on the movie that the constant vibration on my upper thigh was a blur.

   The credits appeared on the screen about half an hour later. I turned my attention away from them and pushes my blanket off of my body. My phone vibrated again, but this time I noticed. I grasped the phone, unlocking it and seeing all the missed texts. All twenty were from Opal. I wasn't too surprised.

I skimmed over the texts, reading every other insult that was thrown at me because I wasn't answering. Opal was joking though, so it didn't bother me. I finally laid eyes on the first message sent, it being an invitation.

It read: "Falen, I'm extremely bored and you need to help me. Let's hang out. Idc if you're busy come keep me company."
I let out a small laugh and accepted her offer. I then texted her back, telling her to be over in ten minutes. She quickly agreed.

   I spent the ten minutes putting away the movie, cleaning up in general, and getting ready for the day. The outfit I chose was neatly placed on my bed. I then began changing.

I stood in front of the mirror that was attached to my dorm wall. I checked myself out, seeing if I was pleased with my outfit and such. I had on a pair of black, comfortable leggings, a black short sleeve that resembles a crop top, and black combat boots. To top the outfit off, I lowered my favorite necklace around my neck and latched it. It was a semi-long silver chain with a gorgeous piece of sapphire on it. I've had this necklace forever, and wearing it brought me comfort. After awhile I wouldn't wear it, but I just felt like I needed to.

The door to my dorm was pushed open. Opal walked in, closing it behind her. "I have arrived!" She said with a smile, striking a pose as if she was on a runway. She stayed like that for a few seconds too long. I raised an eyebrow at her, grabbing my purse. "Am I supposed to be noticing something?"

Opal dropped the pose and rolled her eyes. "Yes, I have a new outfit. Riku bought it for me the other day when we went out to the mall."

"I see. Well, it looks good on you and my bad for not noticing." I said, looking at her new outfit. I then walked towards the door, my phone and purse in hand. "I know a new bakery that will cure your boredom."

Opal followed me out the door and to the parking lot. The two of us decided to take a walk through the forest. It would take a little longer to get to the bridge where the bus stop was, but the scenery was worth it. "I said I was bored, not hungry." Opal said, walking beside me.
I let out a small laugh, looking at her. "This place is great. Trust me."

   We took the bus to Downtown Arcadia. Thankfully,  the crowds were smaller. I was relieved that I could comfortably walk around without having a random human bump me every five seconds while walking. After turning several corners and crossing a few streets we arrived. The building was somewhat small. It had a few metal tabes for two outside. The exterior of the building was a color that resembled vanilla cake batter and a bright red.

    I pulled open the door, causing a little bell ring. Opal and I walked over to the long line. While waiting, the both of us examined the large menu. After choosing what I wanted to order, I noticed that the line has shortened a bit, but there was still someone in front of us. I didn't purposely eavesdrop, but I hear the cashier's conversation with the girl ahead of us.

"No..miss I do not know where The GATE Academy is. Go ask some magical fairy." The cashier said rather rudely.
The customer quickly apologized for asking, took her food, and went to sit.