Chapter 10

---- 80 days left ----

"I can't believe you, I told you to stay away from me!" She tried to close the door in my face but I put my foot in the way.

"Rachel! I'm sorry! I swear, I had nothing to do with it!"

"Oh, but you knew! You knew Santana was planning this, and you went along with it! You came back just to torture me! What's next a slushy?!" She screamed at me and I saw tears in her eyes.

"I came back to help you!" I grabbed her arm and she turned to face me.

"Help me?! How is this possibly helping?!" She yelled then slammed the door, I heard it being locked. I was left standing there.

---- two days earlier ----

"Okay dani, the dead skunk has arrived. You're a go!" Santana whispered into her phone.

"What?" The voice said from the other line.

"Jessie's here, go do your job!"

"This is stupid." she heard the other line grumble, before Dani hung up.

---- in the bar next door ----

"If you're going to marry her dude, you're going to have to spend time with her friends." Sam said smiling at Jessie.

"Aww, you guysr awesoomeness!" He took a long gulp from his beer, which had unknowingly been spiked with vodka by Kurt and Blaine who were sitting with them.

"Hello boys...." Dani said as illustriously as a lesbian wearing an uncomfortable showy dress for boys can.

---- elsewhere ----

"Mercedes, why are we going into this bar, it's so dirty." Rachel pulled a face.

"Because." She pulled her inside.

"Is that Jessie?" Rachel asked, Mercedes pulled her down behind a plant.

"Watch." She whispered.

"Hello boys."

"Heyy pretty lady, or are you a lady with that dress." He was eye fucking her. Rachel watched, with a tear slipping down. He grabbed her ass and pulled her close to him.

"L-let go of me."

"You know you want this." He began to sloppily makes out with her despite the protest coming from Dani. Finally Kurt intervened. The cops arrived, because behind the bar Artie had called them.
Kitty took Dani out to the car waiting outside with Tina and Mike. Puck called Mercedes.

"Hello?" Mercedes flipped out her cellphone. She looked over at the sobbing girl beside this. "This is my record producer? I have to leave immediately? It's an emergency? I'll be right there!" She looked over at Rachel and hung up the phone. "Sorry I have to go, I'll call Lucy to give you ride home." Rachel nodded sadly, tears still falling. She watched Kurt and Blaine scream at Jessie, as the police took him away. Her eyes closed and she turned away tears still falling.

"Hey. Mercedes called." I said coming in to the bar.

"Hi." Her voice sounded frustrated and tired. "How come you're always here when I want to see you the least?"

"I can leave, Mercedes said you needed a ride home though." I tried to mask how upset I was.

"No, I don't mean now. I mean you coming back in the first place. I had worked my butt off trying to forget about you, then just when I had, you came back. I feel like you came back just to screw me." The validity of her words was blush inducing.

"I don't want to... screw you."

"Leave me alone. I don't want to see you again, I don't want to hear from you again. From what I've see you're the same girl I knew in high school.
Same smirk, same walk all over other people attitude, but I'm stronger now Quinn, I don't let people walk all over me. I don't let you walk all over me." She got up and rubbed the tears from her eyes. "Now, if you excuse me, I have to bail my future husband out of jail, and hope to god Dani doesn't press charges."

"Rachel, wait!" She looked at me.

"What, Quinn."

"Please, don't leave me." It was a pitiful beg, and she saw the tears that fell down my cheeks. She looked at me curiously.

"Why not? You did it to me." She turned away and started talking to one of the cops.

---- later that day ----

"YOU MADE THINGS WORSE YOU BITCH!"

"What?" Santana was stunned at my outburst. So stunned she dropped her bottle.

"SHE HATES ME NOW! SHE KNEW IT WAS US FROM THE START!"

"What?"

"GOD I'M SO STUPID! WHY DID I EVEN BEGIN TO LISTEN TO YOU?!"

"What?"

"STOP DRINKING! YOU THINK YOU HAVE ISSUES?! THE GIRL I AN IN LOVE WITH WANTS NOTHING TO WITH ME! EVER!"

"What?"

"LISTEN TO THE WORDS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH!" I slowed down and enunciated ever word. "YOU! RUINED! MY! LIFE!" I threw the bottle on the coffee table at the wall. She stared at me in astonishment.

"You broke my bottle."

"You destroyed my life." I think I was about to attack her.

"Don't you think you're being dramatic Luce? I'll get you any girl you want." I slapped her hard across the face.

"The only reason I came back was for her! The only reason I survived was for her!" I shoved my wrists I her face. Two deep scars on either side. I shoved my shirt down to show her the bruises and scars on my neck. "You're a bitch with no feelings, but just because you can't stand being without Brittany-"

"Don't say her name!" She warned me.

"Just because you can't stand being without Brittany doesn't mean you have to make my life miserable to!" She stared at me a long time. Carefully eyeing me up and down.

"Give Rachel time. She'll come around."

"What if she doesn't? I'll have no reason to survive any more! Santana, I've hanging by a thread since Beth was born! I have nothing left!"

"Lucy, if your thread snaps I'll catch you, okay? I'm not going to let you fall." She hugged me close. "Everything will be okay. I promise."

---- one day later ----

"Hey Britt." I walked into her hospital room same time as usual.

"Hey Lucy." She greeted me from the bed.

"So, our lawyer-"

"Your dad." She interrupted

"Our lawyer said that if we want you released you need to act as sane as possible."

"How do you mean?" She titled her head slightly.

"Get out of your room, talk to people, no unicorns, or pandas, or dragons, or math."

"No fun in other words."

"For the time being no, just until we get you out of here." I put a hand in her shoulder, "this is only temporary. I promise." She nodded.

"So how'd it go with Santana's plan." I felt tears coming, and I smiled through it.

"Let's not talk about that. Let's talk about a play I almost got the lead of while I was in Yale!" She eyed me suspiciously.

"That bad huh."

"So it's basically about this girl who can talk to trees...