Worse Day

Kierra POV-

My alarm rang. Why? It felt like I had just laid my head down. I let out a big sigh then got up to take my shower, trying to be respectful of Aug who was in the bed sleep next to me.

However, when I got out he was in the kitchen cooking. I got dressed then went in the kitchen to see why he was up.

"Why are you up?" I asked him looking at him cooking on the stove.

"Cooking you breakfast."

"Aug it's 6:45 in the morning you didn't have to do that." I stood with my hands on my hip.

"I know." He flipped the bacon in the grease.

"Go finish getting ready." He looked at me.

I went to go do my hair. When I came back he had a plate fixed at the counter facing the living room and a glass of orange juice.

"You're too sweet. Thank you." I sat at the stool at the counter and he handed me a fork.

He scratched his bare stomach and yawned as I said my grace and ate.

"I never would've known you were sweet when I first met you." I said chewing on my toast.

"You wasn't trying to know." He put the orange juice back in the fridge.

"What are we?" I looked at him.

"What you want us to be?" He leaned on the counter in front of me, looking at me eat. He took a piece of bacon off my plate and ate it.

"I want to be with you and I'm territorial so I don't want anybody else to have you." I ate some of my eggs.

"Well that's what it is then." He shrugged.

"Just like that?"

"Yup."

"Do you have any stipulations?"

He thought about it. "I'm mean if we together, of course I want to be your focus, but see I'm not a territorial guy."

"Hmm. That's different. Most guys are possessive."

"I don't have to be. I know for a fact once you get some of me, you not going nowhere anyway." He said dead serious.

I almost choked on my orange juice laughing at his confidence.

"Oh really?"

"Mm-hm." He smirked. "It's like one of them electric fences for the dogs. People can't see it, but the dogs can. And if they try to go they feel the sting."

"Which is?"

"Never getting no more of me."

And by "me" he meant his Calvin.

I rolled my eyes. "If you say so."

"Aight we'll see." He chuckled.

"But that chasing you down. Where you at every three minutes. Keeping you away from dudes, I don't do that. If you give me your word that we exclusive, then that's what it is. I trust you until you give me a reason not to."

I shook my head I understood.

"Besides nobodies gon put up with yo mean ass besides me anyway. I'm the only one that can tame that shit."

I kissed my teeth at his shade. He laughed.

"What? It's true." He got up and started cleaning off the stove.

"Whatever." I fanned my hand at him and finished eating.

"Ki you need to talk to your boss tho.." Aug said washing the dishes he used to cook.

"About?"

"What you mean about? About how shitty she treating you."

I sighed not even wanting to even think about Gabby's ass until I had to see her.

"I'm for real." He cut off the water and came back over to me.

"I know you got to work so you can pay bills, but that don't mean you got to be treated like shit to do so."

I was losing my appetite thinking about this.

"Finish eating." He looked at me as I got up to throw my food away.

"I'm full." I emptied the excess food in the trash.

"Ki stop trying to avoid this shit. You ain't got to be rude babe, but you need to let her know when you hired me I said I would work, whatever your hours are and that's it. You shouldn't have to do over those unless you want."

I folded my arms half listening to him.

"Do you hear me?"

"Yeah I'm not deaf. I just...she's not gonna listen Aug."

He came up to me and unfolded my arms, putting them around his waist.

"You make her listen." He looked in my eyes. "You ain't got to be rude but let her know she ain't gon be taking advantage of you."

He pecked my lips.

"Cause when you go to work and she treat you like that, then you start taking that shit out on me and one day, imma have to kill you, you keep talking reckless."

I smiled.

"Nah but for real I want to see you happy and if you don't do it, I will."

"I'll do it."

"You better." He kissed me.

Uhhhhh I wish I could just stay at home with him all day, because I dreaded leaving to go to work.

I gave him one last kiss. Then got my purse said goodbye and left for work.

------

"Hey Gabby can I talk to you for a minute." I knocked on her door, coming in.

"Sure." She smiled.

I came in and closed the door.

"Have a seat. And thank you for those files by the way they saved my life." She did a dramatic gesture like "whew" wiping sweat from her forehead.

I gave a fake smile and sat down.

"So what's on your mind? You know I have an open door policy."

"Uh...I just feel sometimes you overwork me." I tried to be as respectful as possible.

"Really? How?" She looked at me confused.

Bitch 😒.

"Well usually I'm the only secretary here pass five. And I don't mind staying sometimes but I do have a life outside of work too."

"But you always accept. I don't understand."

"Because I want you to know I'm dedicated to the job. But it's beginning to be too much. Especially with yesterday. That was like slave labor."

"Slave labor. Wow. I am deeply offended."

"I'm not trying to offend you I'm just saying, I shouldn't have to do overtime unless I want it."

"I see. Well I'm sorry you feel that way Kierra. I hired you because I thought you had a love for the job and I always thought we had a great relationship out of everyone in the office, but I guess not. All of this is coming out of left field. But I thank you for sharing that with me. I will make sure to hire a secretary next time that isn't so lazy and is looking for the easy way out."

"Wait, what? I'm not lazy."

"I can't tell from our little conversation and I want people on our staff who are committed. So  with that you're fired. Effective immediately. I wish you the best." She smiled. "You may go."

She fired me for telling the truth!? Then blamed it on me being lazy!?

I got up and slammed the door. The next thing I know security was escorting me out because she said I was assaulting her.

This had to be one of the worse and most embarrassing days of my life. 😩