Chapter 3

Sorry about the long wait. I wasn't motivated recently.. But here it is. I hope it turned out okay.

Shadows pov.

"Shadow, wake up," sonic whispered. I opened my eyes and yawned. I looked down at sliver who had his head on my chest. I slowly and carefully set him down in the sand and stood up.

"How bout we do a sunrise race before he wakes up. Y'know just me and you like the old days." He said smiling.

"You're on faker!" I smirked back at him.

"Ready and go!" We whispered yelled at the same time and took off running. We were equally matched because of my hover shoes. I glanced over at him and he smirked, gaining speed. I turned my head around and focused on the path ahead, there was a tree dead straight ahead of me. I got ready to turn to avoid the tree.

"Hey faker!" Sonic yelled causing me to slam into the tree. I got right back up and continued running.

"Damn you!" I yelled at him.

He turned around, "You should really watch where you're goin-!" He yelled as he tripped over a root in the ground, falling backwards into the dirt.

"I could say the same to you!" I yelled sticking my tongue out at him as I caught up. We were almost back at the hut, and we were equally matched. We both crossed the finish line, but I'm pretty sure I won.

"I win!" We yelled at the same time.

"Shads I clearly won."

"Nope. I won!"

"Fine it was a tie, again." He said sticking his hand out. I shook his hand and we walked back to the hut to see if silver had woken up.

"Over here!" Silver yelled from behind us. We turned around and walked over to him. He had set up a fire and was cooking one of the chickens I had killed yesterday.

"Hey you've been busy." Sonic said looking at the fire.

"Yeah I saw you guys running off and I figured I should make myself useful." I smirked slightly at his word choice.

"Useful in what way." I mumbled under my breath only loud enough for myself to hear.

"Did you say something shadow?" Sonic asked me, raising one eyebrow.

"Umm, yeah good job silver. Now we have breakfast." I said licking my lips.

"Well have a seat it's almost done then we can eat." Silver said rotating the chicken with his powers.

Sonic and I each pulled up a log to sit on around the fire. Silver grabbed some large leaves and split up the chicken for us to share.

"So what are we going to do? We can't just stay on this island forever." Sonic said through a mouthful of chicken.

"Well I would chaos control us out of here but I don't know where we are and I don't know where we would end up if I tried. We could end up in the middle of the ocean and drown." I said.

"Yeah I would try to fly somewhere with you guys with my powers, but I would be able to get all three of us somewhere." Silver said sighing.

"And we sure and hell ain't swimming!" Sonic laughed.

"So we are basically stuck here until we can contact someone." Silver asked.

"Yeah and the guys back home probably think we're dead. The plane crash was most likely on the news." I sighed.

"Well whatever happens we'll get through this together." Sonic said giving us a thumbs up. Once we had all finished our breakfast we decided to check out our surroundings.

"Silver which way was the village?" I asked.

"Hmm, that way!" He said pointing into the forest.

"Then let's go." Sonic said running into the forest. I skated beside him and sliver flew behind us.

"It's right here!" Silver said landing on the ground. He pushed aside some leaves and revealed a large clearing.

"Whoa." Sonic whispered as we walked in. There were collapsed huts and pots, woven baskets and vases littered on the ground, though most of them were broken. There was a crystal clear river that flowed through the village, and it was surrounded in forest. It looked beautiful but most of the stuff had been destroyed.

"I wonder what happened here everything has been destroyed." I wondered. 

"I dunno, maybe a flood?" Silver added.

"Well we don't know but I don't have time for this lets get going!" Sonic yelled dashing off.

Silver sighed and looked at me. "We should follow him eh?"

"Yeah" I laughed walking alongside silver. We decided not to run so we could chat.

"How's life been?" He asked. "How are things going with rouge and stuff?"

I chuckled slightly, "Rouge has knuckles plus it's better we just remain teammates and friends." I didn't love rouge. Honestly I don't even like girls.

"Hehe. I feel the same way with blaze. I care about her, but she has some one else." Silver sighed. "Sometimes I wish I could find the one. But you see how well that's going for me."

I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a hug. "You'll find the one eventually. Everyone does." I let go of him and he blushed looking at the ground. I smirked and looked away from him.

"W-we should catch up with sonic now." He stuttered flying off. I smirked harder and sped up to catch up with him. Sometimes he was just to adorable.

~~~~~~

That took awhile but yeah hope you enjoyed.

And I will try to update more often. Just life sucks.