Chapter 8

I am so sorry about the lack of updates. I went on a small hiatus for school and life stuff. I hope you all understand. Anyways, here is chapter 8 of Hawaii Hedgies. Enjoy.

~~~~~

Silver's pov.

I sat at Shadow's side, holding his hand. My eyes stung from all the tears I had shed. Shadow had only woken up a few times, but every time he did, he would just mumble incoherent things. I rubbed tiny circles in the palm of his hand, my mind deep in thought. Sonic and I couldn't figure out what had happened to him. My eyes grew heavy with sleep and I laid down beside him, nuzzling into his side.

"Goodnight Shadow." I muttered.

~
I woke up in the middle of the night to movement. I opened my eyes and Shadow appeared to be awake.

"Shadow?" I asked, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Wha-what happened to me?" He asked.

"What do you mean?"

"My head.. It hurts.." He mumbled leaning against the wall.

"What is the last thing you remember?" I asked him.

"No." He said.

"What?"

"No I don't remember." He told me. He laid back down and fell asleep.

I let out a sigh and let a few tears fall down my face before laying back down and cuddling up against Shadow.

Sonic's pov.

I woke up from a long nights sleep. I glanced to my left and saw Silver and Shadow cuddling. A pit deep inside of me was jealous, but jealousy isn't going to do any good. We need to cure Shadow from whatever is happening. I put one of my hands on Silver's shoulder and shook him lightly.

"Wha~" he opened his eyes, squinting at the light.

"Hey. Did anything happen while I was asleep?" I asked.

Silver sat up and thought for a moment. "Oh. Yeah, he said he can't remember anything that happened. That is about all he said before laying back down and passing out."

"Hmm." I put my hand on Shadow's forehead. He had a small fever. I ran my hand on the top of his head. His fur was always soft.

"He is going to be okay.. Right Sonic?" Silver asked.

I didn't want to lie and say everything was going to be fine, because I don't know how things are going to work out. "All we can do is wait. If there is anything wrong we can help him together. Okay?" I said as reassuring as I can.

"Okay. I will do whatever it takes for him to get better." He said with a small smile. He stared down at Shadow and patted him arm softly. "Hungry?" He asked.

"Definitely. I'm starving!" I carefully stepped over Shadow and helped Silver get up. I grabbed a piece of wood from our log pile outside the hut and threw it on the fire. Silver and I discussed our meal and I ended up cooking more snake.

~Time Skip~

Silver's pov.

The snake Sonic made was delicious! I walked over to the hut with Sonic. We were having a conversation about the possibility of getting attacked by a shark compared to getting in a car wreck. Sonic was saying that you have a better chance of dying because of a shark attack, but you are more likely to get in a car wreck. He said it was because people drive more often then being in a position where you can get attacked by a shark.

When we walked into the hut Shadow was sitting with his back leaned against the wall. "Hey." He mumbled.

"Shadow?! How do you feel? Are you okay?" Sonic and I started questioning him.

"Hush." He said, pushing away our faces with his hands. "Ow!" He yelled when he extended his arm out. He clutched onto it. "Damn that hurts." He mumbled through gritted teeth. "Goodnight." He said, falling back and passing out again.

"He is doing better." I said with a spark of excitement in my voice. I was given hope.

"I wonder what is wrong with his arm?" Sonic said examining it.

"Maybe he sprained it, or broke it." I suggested. "Maybe we can wrap it, for a temporary sling. Until it's feeling better at least. I would hate for Shadow to over work it."

"Okay, let's go grabs some leaves!" Sonic ran into the forest, wasting no time. I grabbed Shadow hand and gave it a small kiss before returning it to his side. I told him goodbye and ran off to find Sonic.
~~
Sonic's pov.

I ran off into the forest with hope in my heart. Shadow was okay! I stopped running and took a deep breath. While looking around in the bushes I found a plant with long pliable leaves. I picked a bunch of them and ran back towards hut. Silver was walking into the forest. I stopped running and showed him the leaves.

"I think these will work nicely." Silver said examining them. "Let's go bandage his arm!" He grabbed my arm and dragged me to the hut.

I sat on one side of Shadow and Silver sat on the other. I handed Silver a handful of leaves and we got to work. We wrapped Shadow's arm with the leaves and Silver tied together the ends of the leaves delicately so that they would hold.

"I think that should do." I smiled and stood up. I held my arm out for Silver to get up. A slight breeze ruffled my fur. He took my offer and stood up. I helped him up by pulling on his arm, but I pulled to hard. He fell on top of me, our hand interlocked. Our noses touching, my heart was pounding wildly. He closed the gap between our mouths and kissed me. I kissed back. It was a small sweet kiss, he pulled away and smiled. He pushed himself up and walked back inside the hut. I sat up baffled, I wasn't sure what anything meant anymore. I thought of Shadow and my heart hurt. I felt sick to my stomach. What's going to happen now?