Chapter 13

:0 I know. It's been far too long. I could give you a bunch of excuses but I don't want to waste your time, so here is chapter 13 finally!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Silver's pov.

I woke up cuddled against Shadow's chest, he was already awake and messing with his inhibitor rings.

"Hello." I mumbled up at him. He smiled and looked down at me.

"Hello." He let out a low laugh that rumbled in his chest. "You are so cute." He patted my head.

"Where is Sonic?" I asked curiously, realizing that the blue blur of a hedgehog wasn't right next to us.

"He went out to examine the damage of the rain, which if you can't tell is still going on." Shadow told me. It wasn't very hard to hear the pouring rain outside that made our whole cave cold and drafty.

"Its so bad out there." I sighed. "Maybe we should make a fire." I suggested.

"Sonic and I tried that already but the wind just kept putting it out." I pouted, pondering in my head, trying to come up with a solution.

"Want to go deeper into the cave to look for a place that's not as windy?" I asked.

"Sure. It's a better idea then just waiting around here for nothing." He stood up and instantly noticed the absence of his warmth. I shivered and stood up beside him.

We walked further into the cave with only the dim glow of my gloves to light our way. It didn't seem to be getting any warmer, or less windy. After a few minutes I quickly lost hope. It wasn't getting any warmer. I slouched against a wall and pleasantly surprised.

"Shadow!" I tapped him on the shoulder and he spun around quickly.

"Hm?"

"Feel this wall." He cautiously put his hand against the wall as if it was going to fall apart under his touch.

"It's.. Warm." He looked confused. "I don't understand this."

"Should we try to get through?" I asked grabbing some of the looser rocks in the wall.

"It's worth a shot." He grabbed few rocks and threw them behind us. I continued pulling apart the wall with my telekinesis until I was hit with a sudden burst of warm air. We dug a hole big enough for the both of us to get in. What was on the other side was beautiful. It was a small warm cave with a hot spring in the center. There were purple and blue crystals that glowed and lit up the room. The water wasn't to hot to touch either, it seemed perfect. I covered up the hole we came through to not let the warm air out.

"It's so nice in here." I said, dipping my foot into the warm water.

"Woah and look at these crystals." Shadow examined a purple crystal on the wall. "Rouge would love these.. They remind me so much her.." He turned away from the wall, seemingly losing all interest in the crystal he was staring at.

"How about we go and let Sonic know this is here." I suggested. Shadow agreed and we walked back into the cold, covering the wall back up. We made it all the way back to where our "beds" were. Sonic was just returning.

"It's freezing, and that storm isn't ending anytime soon!" He shouted over the loud sound of the rain. He was evidently cold by the way he was shaking.

"We have a surprise for you!" I said, grabbing his hand and leading him further towards the hot spring.

"Oh, does it get warmer further into the cave?" He asked.

"Not really, but we found something better." Shadow told him. Sonic looked confused but went along with it anyways.

I stopped him at the warm wall separating us and the hot spring.