Chapter 11

Thank you guys so much for 9k reads, 564 votes and 132 followers!! I can't even believe those numbers! I'm really glad you guys like this book. And thanks to everyone who gave me ideas to help wrap up the story. :3 hope you all enjoy
~~~~~~~~~~
Shadows pov.

God damn I hurt. I snuck out of the hut to go sit in the water. The burning pain in my arm wouldn't go away. Plus my inhibitor rings were damaged, and that was not good in the slightest. I was an idiot to take off the sling they made me, but I wanted to prove I was strong. Probably the worst decision I ever made. I sighed and played with the sand beneath me. The water was nice and refreshing.

"Shadow?" I spun around to see Silver with a concerned look on his face.

"Hey." I tried to wave to him, but my arm locked up. I tried to act like nothing was wrong.

"Are you okay?" He asked sitting in the sand beside me.

"I'm doing great! Why wouldn't I be?" I lied.

"Well I mean you have been sick recently and I was worried about you."

"Don't worry about me Silv. I'm doing a-okay." I gave him a thumbs up and he smiled.

"So then what are you doing out here, the water is freezing!"

"Just getting some fresh air." I stood up and held my hand out for him. "Here let's go lay back down." He grabbed my hand and I pulled him up. I pressed a kiss to his forehead and walked back to the hut. Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight.

-later-

It had been three days since Silver met me on the beach late at night and the pain in my arm was unbearable. Not to mention my chaos energy reserves are getting really low.

I was sitting on my log staring into the forest. I rubbed my sore shoulder.

"Hey Shadz, you okay?" Sonic asked me, carrying water and wood from the forest.

"Of course I am! Why wouldn't I be?" I yelled a little too quickly.

"Um, okay." He awkwardly set down the water and wood by the fire. "Then you can help us with some of the heavy lifting right? You were always really strong."

I gulped nervously. I didn't want to seem like a dick but my arm hurt. But I didn't want to tell them I was hurt. "Of course I will help." I faked a smile.

"Sweet! Follow me." Sonic motioned for me to follow him I stood up and he led me to a stack of wood deep into the forest.

"Hey Shadow!" Silver waved at me.

"Hey." I weakly smiled. "How can I help?"

"Go ahead and grab some of the wood from there." He grabbed some and started walking out of the forest. I nervously grabbed a few pieces of wood. I looked over and saw how many Sonic was carrying compared to me. I didn't want to seem lazy so I grabbed a few more logs. My stress in my arm really hurt but I tried to put the pain aside for this.

Step by step I made my way through the forest. I bit my lip to stop my self from crying. It was so hard to do anything. I got out of the forest and into the sand, I could see the fire from here. I forced myself the rest of the way before collapsing on the beach. All the wood fell out of my arms and I fell into the sand.

"Shadow!" Sonic yelled.

"Oh my god!" Silver ran over to me. I sobbed through the pain.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Sonic asked. I choked on my tears. I shook my head 'no.'

"M-my arm. I'm n-not okay." I stuttered, crying into Sonic's arms. I felt so weak and pathetic. Sonic grabbed my wrist and ran his thumbs over the slightly cracked inhibitor rings. He trailed his hand up to my shoulder and touched it gently. I winced at the pain when he pressed too hard.

"Shadow, love. Don't do this to yourself." Sonic said with tears in his eyes. "If you are ever hurting please talk to me about it."

"Or me." Silver said, hugging me from behind. I sniffled and gave a weak smile.

"Th-ank you." I hugged them both. I tried to get up but collapsed in the sand again.

"No no no. You aren't going to push yourself again. I'm carrying you to the hit and you will stay there." Silver said. He lifted me up with telekinetic powers and lay me down in the soft sand of the hut.

"Guys I can still do things." I pouted. "I'm not gonna die."

"Shadow, if your chaos energy get too low there is no telling what could happen." Sonic said in a serious voice. "And with that hurt shoulder, I'm not letting you use that arm until it gets better."

"But-" I started.

"No buts." Silver said.

"Hmph." I pouted. This was gonna be a long recovery.

~~~~~~~~~~

I know it was a long time coming, but here is the new chapter. I tried to use as many ideas as I can. I'm planning for quite a few more chapters in this book before wrapping it up.
Idea credits: Shadow being secretly hurt: shadslover1216
Inhibitor rings broken: NETHERCODER
Anyways, I'll see you in the next update, Bai Bai darlings!