Chapter One - Goodbye New York and Hello Forks

~Jasper~

I closed and zipped up my last suitcase, of like ten, and put it next to the others before turning and looked over at Percy. I snickered under my breath, although I'm sure he still heard, when I saw him struggling to close and zip up his suitcase. He even resorted to sitting on it, but still couldn't zip it up. "Shut up and help me!" He exclaimed glaring over at me, but that only caused me to bust out laughing. "Jasper!"

"Oh fine, don't get your panties in a twist." I said calming my laughter and walked over to his bed. He moved so I could get to the zipper and I tried closing it. But annoyingly enough it wouldn't move even an inch. I put my other hand on the top of the suitcase and tried pushing down as I tried moving the zipper, but it still wouldn't move. 

"What is taking you two so long? Your mom out front waiting for you." Annabeth asked walking into our room with Grover in tow. 

"My suitcase won't zip up." Percy said still perched atop it. Annabeth rolled her eyes and walked over. She pushed me out of the way and easily zipped it up. She turned around and smirked at our annoyed expressions before walking back out of the room muttering something about stupid boys. 

"Your suitcase is sexist." I muttered walking back over to my suitcases and picked about four of them up.

"How it is sexist?" Percy asked as he picked his three suitcases up. 

"It is obviously female and that's why only Annabeth could zip it up." I said shrugging as I looked back at him. "Hey, Grover, could you grab some of these and help me take them out to our mom's car?" 

"Sure." He said picking up four others and headed out of the room. 

"You have more suitcases than Annabeth." Percy said stopping just behind me. 

"Only five of them even have my stuff in them. The others have things we've found while swimming in the ocean. I decided to pack all the things we wouldn't be held up at the airport for seeing as we are going to be in Washington for a while and I'm not sure if there is an ocean near where we will be staying." I would've packed all of the things we've found, but a lot of them are old weapons and such. 

"I was wondering where all those things went." He said as he grabbed one of the two remaining bags and we headed out of our room. We walked through our house and toward the front of it where Mom was waiting by the car. 

"There you two are. Because you two took so long we are running late!" She scolded and we both muttered a quiet 'sorry' while looking down at the ground. "Never the less put your suitcases in the car, make sure you have everything you need, and let's go." 

"Hang on, Mom, I have one more bag." I said after Percy and I put our suitcases in the back of Mom's car. I had just gotten back into our, shared, room and picked up my last suitcase when a splitting pain shot through my head. "AH!" I exclaimed closing my eyes tight and putting my hands to my head. 

"JASPER!" I heard someone yell, but the flash had already started and I couldn't tell who yelled. 

I looked around and saw a very nicely decorated house. I headed down some stairs, just then realizing I was on the second floor, and into a living room. I looked around the room and knew that there were about seven or so people in it, but was unable to really see them. Which wasn't that odd as it always happened whenever I had these flashes. "Jasper." I heard a voice, clearly female, say before everything started to fade. 

"Jasper!" I heard Percy say as someone shook my shoulder. Opening my eyes, I realized everyone was in front of me and Percy was the one who was shaking my shoulder. "You alright?"

"Yeah, just another flash." I said smiling at their worried faces. 

"Percy, Annabeth, can you two help him down the stairs and into the car? Grover, be a dear and grab the bag." Mom said as she headed out of the room. "Oh and, Jasper?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't forget to write down everything you saw as soon as you get in the car. Want to make sure you do while it's still fresh in your mind." 

"Yes, Mom." 

Percy and Annabeth helped me down the stairs, my body a little weak after the flash, and into the back of the car. Percy got in as well, after saying goodbye to Annabeth and Grover and we headed to the airport. I grabbed my journal from my backpack and quickly wrote down everything I remember from the flash as she drove. 

****

"Do we have to get on that?" Percy asked as we both stared at the door that led to the plane. Neither of us liked planes seeing as we are children of the ocean not the sky. 

"Yes you do! Your bags are already checked so go!" Mom exclaimed quietly as she didn't want to make a scene, but was obviously annoyed with the both of us.  

"But." He said only to stop when she glared at the both of us murderously. "Hey, Jasper, I think we should get on the plane now."

"I concure!" I said and we both rushed onto the plane, much rather face the fear of flying than our own mother's rath.