One hell of a dream (Part 4) (Chapter 24)

I just realised that i havent posted anything since December and thats just not good enough! I sincerely apologise. It wont happen again!

***************
"I never get tired of that movie"

Mum said as the credits began to roll. The Masons' stayed after dinner to watch the movie with us. Every year our family would watch 'Christmas with the Kranks', it was sorta a tradition of ours. However, I wasn't able to focus on the movie at all. Or anything for that matter. My conversation with Karen was all I could think about. It was almost midnight, which means I'd being waking up soon. I leant backwards into Bens' chest and rested my head on his shoulder, causing him to wrap his arms tighter 'round my waist. The two of us sat on the floor. Ben had his back pressed up against the arm of the couch; his legs were spread out in front of him with me comfortably positioned between them. Both set of parents occupied the leather couch. Tom and Anne were sitting close to each other, holding hands. My Dad rested his arm on the arm of the couch, his other arm wrapped loosely over my Mums' shoulders, as she snuggled deep into his side. Hal had the armchair all to himself, his legs hanging over the arm, his hands placed behind his head for support. Matt and Sophia lay side-by-side on their stomachs, theirs heads resting in their hands.

"Hunter? Hunter!" I blinked and glanced over my shoulder. Mum was staring at me with worried eyes "you've been quiet all night, are you feeling alright?" I nodded once but remained silent.

"I have something to cheer you up, baby-girl" Dad gave me a crooked smile before standing from his seat and disappearing up the stairs.

"You sure you're all right?" Ben whispered against my ear, making me shiver. I smiled gently and nodded again. Dad was quick to return with three crudely wrapped, squishy parcels. Mum, Sophia and I gratefully accepted a squishy parcel and began pulling the wrapping off just as Dad sat down. "Oh my..." Mum trailed off as she held up the hideous Christmas jumper.

"These are hideous!" Sophia laughs but slips it on over her head anyway.

"I want you all to wear them – true Christmas spirit and all that" Dad said.

Sophia's' jumper had an angel on the front with wings and a halo lit up with LED lights; Mum had Santa's' jolly face with a sparkly hat, fluffy beard, and light up eyes; and mine had a giant moose head with big googly eyes and tinsel on the antlers. The Masons sat there looking a little creeped out by our stylish new jumpers, but I think that's only 'cause they were jealous that they didn't have one.

"We got you something too, Dad" I said. "It's from all of us."

I wiggled out of Bens' grasp and slipped on my jumper before crawling over to the armchair Hal was sprawling on. I reached underneath it and pulled out an oddly shaped parcel. Dad looked at the parcel curiously as I placed it on his lap. Dad ripped off the cheerful paper, only to have a festive cap fall into his lap. It was bright green with red stripes and bright tinsel and LED lights running up and down the stitching. His lips twitched upwards, "it's hideous."

Grinning, I swiped the cap from his hands and pushed it onto his head. "Beautiful!" Sophia announces with a laugh.

"Totally awesome, Dad" I smirked and gave him a thumbs up.

Dad can't hide his smile as he says "thank you, girls."

"No problem, Hon" Mum grins and pecks his cheek.

Tom cleared his throat and stood from his seat. "It's getting late" he said, tapping his watch "we should probably get going."

The Masons' all got to their feet and headed towards the front door, my family following close behind. I stood alone in the doorway and watched as Ben slipped into his jacket. He caught my eye and gave me a sweet smile.