#fourteen#

"Where is she?"

Marcus was getting more and more worked up. The second bell was going to ring any minute, and there was still no sign of Ashley.

"Calm down, she'll be here." Skye, ever the voice of soothing, told him.

He frowned, "Oh, yeah? And if she doesn't?"

Skye blinked, "Then she won't. There's nothing you can do about it."

Marcus sighed and turned to Oliver, "What about Maia? Where is she?"

Oliver looked troubled, "She said she woke up late. She should have been here by now."

Marcus opened his mouth to reply but the second bell started ringing.

"Come on," Isobel said softly, "We'll be late."

Marcus had no choice but to follow the rest of his friend back into the school, his mind still focused on a certain blonde who was no where in sight.

###

Maia had lied.

She regretted lying to her boyfriend, but it was for the greater good.

She hadn't been late.

In fact, she had woken up extra early (with great difficulty, she wanted to add) and she had driven over to Ashley's house and hidden behind it like the creepy stalker that she was.

She waited at watched Ashley come out of her house, only to run back in and come back a few minutes later.

Maia was far away, but she could still catch a glimpse of the frown on her face as she got into her car.

And once she started driving, Maia followed.

She followed her the whole way, keeping a safe distance between their cars, but also making sure not to lose her.

When they came to the forked road just before the turn, Ashley stopped, causing Maia to stop behind her abruptly.

Then she turned the opposite direction.

Maia frowned.

No way was she going to let Ashley run away again.

She turned her steering wheel and followed Ashley's car down the wrong path.

Meh.

That is literally my life in one word.

I'm not even joking.

I'm so tired.

Lol, I need sleep.

Sorry and all.

~Rue.