#thirty six#

The family was waiting for her next to the road.

The father looked confused.

The mother looked sad.

The sons looked livid.

Ashley felt her eyes fill up with tears. Her body seemed to work on its own as she got out of the car and walked into their open arms.

"All those times?" Anna Malone looked at her with tears in her eyes.

She nodded.

"The time when the dog attacked you?" Stephan Malone asked.

She nodded.

"When you fell down the stairs?" Jamie Malone questioned.

She nodded.

"Wait and the time when you slipped on the soapy water and hit your head? Carter Malone looked confused.

His brother hit him, "You idiot, that happened here. How could her father have done that?"

Ashley snorted, she had missed these numbskulls.

"I hope this is okay?" She said, suddenly shy.

"Don't be silly, you little goose." Anna came and put her arms around her, "I've always wanted a little girl to pamper.

"We only wish you had told us earlier dear," Her husband added, "We could have helped."

"Yeah," Carter said, "We could have taken him."

Ashley laughed, "Yeah right, wimp."

She suddenly remembered the cause of her newfound happiness.

Her boyfriend.

She turned back and saw him leaning against her car, smiling at her.

She walked to him and placed a tender kiss on his lips.

"You really are the best thing that's ever happened to me." She told him, and it was the most honest truth she had ever spoken.

He smiled at her, "I love you so much." He said, looking at her like she was the only thing that mattered.

She snuggled into him, "I love you so much back." She mumbled against his shirt.

She heard a cough from behind.

"We totally called it." Two male voices said in unison, and everyone laughed.

Anyone walking past would look at them and think they were a large, dysfunctional, but extremely happy family.

SAT was eh.

School starts on Monday, and then ONE WEEK TO MY SEVENTEENTH BIRTHDAY WHOOOOOOOOOOOO.