#twenty#

Hey guys, I know it's been forever, and I know that most of you probably hate me. Life just got so busy all of a sudden, it's hard to find time to breathe.

Truthfully, the only reason I'm doing this is because it's my birthday today. I gave myself a bit of free time and I knew you guys deserved this.

I will also (finally!) be announcing the winners of the one shot comp. Like I said, I haven't gotten time to sit down and read all your lovely one shots, but I will today. Somehow.

Only then shall I get on to the other fun birthday stuff (a.k.a studying). Woohoo. Yay IBDP!

Marcus was quiet as he stared at the huge cemetery looming in front of them. 

He turned to look at Ashley, who had a stoic expression on her face. 

"Let's go in? 

Marcus asked gently, wondering which loved one he was about to meet.

Ashley nodded and got out of the car.

She led him through the labyrinth of tombstones until she stopped in front of two identical tombstones placed next to each other.

The first one read Emilia Clarke Whitman, 1971-2008, Beloved Wife, Mother and Daughter.

It was the second one that broke his heart. It read Alison Mae Whitman, 1998-2008, Beloved Daughter and sister. 

You shall be missed.

When Marcus turned to Ashley he saw the silent tears running down her face. 

"I had a good family." Ashley said softly, "once upon a time." 

"What happened?" Marcus asked her, his eyes back on the two tombstones.

"There was no one," Ashley started, "no one I loved more than Ally. She was my twin sister, she was also my best friend. And then-" She choked as a new stream of tears flowed down her cheeks.

Marcus pulled her into his arms. "Shh, we don't have to talk about this."

"No," She whispered, "I want to. I need to." 

He nodded, not letting go of her.

"So after she...left, everything was different." Ashley continued, "I hated her for leaving me. I was ten, I didn't understand."

"And then, she left me too." She nudged her head towards her mother's grave, her voice suddenly colder. "She couldn't bare losing one child, so she killed herself. She didn't care about me, about Steph. She's the reason I turned out the way I am."

"Hey." Marcus said, "There is nothing wrong with the way you are."

Ashley smiled faintly at him, "You'd obviously say that. You always see the best in people." 

He shook his head. "So it's just your dad and you now?"

She nodded.

She swallowed.

"What is it."

"There's something else." Ashley whispered. 

She looked terrified.

"You can tell me anything." Marcus promised.

She took a deep breath.

And then pulled off her shirt.

Oh boy.