Chapter 4

as I arrived in school, the first person I noticed was Michael. I walked as slow as I could manage, but a girl from the year above pushed me nearly knocking me flying.

I stormed in. This is why I hated life .... Because life and everyone in it hated me. Michael saw me and tried to catch up with me. A few tears escaped my eyes and i Ran into the girls toilets.

Michael stopped and I'm pretty sure I heard him shout my name but I couldn't face him.

I spent a few minutes sobbing to myself in one of the cubicles before pulling myself together. As I headed out someone grabbed my arm. I winced because he had grabbed the area where I cut myself. "Megan. Are you okay?"
I stopped walking but still didn't look at him. I knew that my eyes were red and I didn't want him to know I'd been crying. "I saw what happened. Are people always like that?"

He sounded genuinely concerned and almost like he wanted to comfort me. "Yeah it's just one of the things. Everyone hates me. No big deal." I started to walk trying my best to avoid having a conversation.

It's not the fact that I don't want to talk to him. I did, all the girls had there eyes on him. He was the new mysterious boy with the long dark hair and beautiful green eyes. It's just I didn't want to focus on my embarrassment.

"I don't hate you." I instantly stopped and I half turned around. "I-I ... I don't know what to say!" I was speechless no one speaks to me and if they do its to just bully and tease me, so hearing them words being said about me was a dream come true.

"For a start I barley know you, so I haven't found anything to hate! Maybe we could catch up sometime? Tonight? You could come over to my place and we could get to know each other."

"I really shouldn't. I don't want to get in the way." He looked at me and for the first time we were holding actual eye contact. "You wouldn't be in the way. If you were I wouldn't have asked you. I have a free place anyway, my parents are in a business trip for the weekend!" "Okay then." I was smiling, which I hadn't done in a long time but this was a genuine smile. Not a fake one I often use in front of my parents or Dr Phillips.

"That's a date then... Wait not like that but yeah." Michael was red in the face and his eyes were directed to the floor

"I've got to go to my lesson now but... I-I'll see you tonight."