Chapter 10

I rubbed my eyes. I didn't want to sound rude but I had to tell him.

"Calum... I'm sorry I don't feel up to it right now but maybe tomorrow" I have a faint smile hoping I hadn't ruined my chances to make a friend here.

"it's okay. You've only just got here're so I understand! I'll leave you to it"

He left and I stood up to investigate the actual building. It's not what you'd expect it to be like. In fact it's not even a hospital.

I wandered aimlessly round the corridors and I'm pretty sure I was going in circles. The same thoughts were going through my head... How would I ever see Mikey again.

Hours passed. And it was now 5pm. I was still walking and exploring. I had nothing else to do here anyway. I walked towards the entrance of the building to where there were plenty of Seats. I sat with my head in my hands. id really messed things up and i hated myself even more for it.

"Megan?" i raised my head to see who it was. To my surprise it was Mandy. i smiled and she sat on a seat next to me.

"have you contacted anyone? any friends?" i had to bite my lip to stop myself from bursting out into tears.

"i ... i dont know his number... i deleted." i bent my head down ashamed of my idiotic mistake.

She placed her hand on my shoulder but didn't go on to say anything else.  E sat in that position for about 5 minutes before she told me to head back to my room and get some rest.

So I did. But I took the long way instead. after strolling. Through the corridors I heard a faint strumming of a guitar.

I stood closer to the door which the music was coming from. Pushing the door open slightly so I could hear better.

Calum was sat in there with another boy who was blonde and had an incredible quiff.

Unfortunately for me the door creaked as I pushed it and all attention was on me.

"Oh hi..."

"Megan" I looked down because both of them were staring at me.

"Want to come in were only jamming and it's always better with an audience."

I was about to say no and that I was going to bed but I couldn't make calum feel like I was purposely pushing him away so. I accepted his offer and entered his bedroom.

I stayed with calum and his friend luke for the next hour listening to them cover songs by ed sheeran and all time low. Bands that I took an interest in myself.

I felt slightly happier about being here. I think I might actually have friends. But nothing was like the connection I had with michael.

A/N  please comment and vote ❤️ just to let you know michael will be back in about 2 chapters time