Chapter 8

I was allowed to stay off school for the next 2 weeks. I had to see a doctor like an actual mental health nurse. im not going to deny it, i was terrified. i was confused. what was going to happen to me. 

there had been no conversations made about moving into the hospitaal.. did they think i was okay? was i?

6:30 time to get up and go to hell (i mean school) . i couldnt stomach breakfast. i have barley eaten, but it was worth it. i looked long and hard in the mirror, until a cold hand touched my shoulder. i flinched. my mum was stood smiling. 

"What?" 

"nothing! you look beautiful!"

"yeah right..." i pushed straight past her and headed to school. what was the point in acting like i care abut her or anyone. she clearly thought i was a messed up child like everyone does so no im not going to be nice and act like she makes me happy cause she doesnt. 

Guess who the first person to come up to me was.... michael. i avoided socialising and any type of eye contact. but he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him. 

"Megan? how are you?" i rolled my eyes. as i tried to pull away his grip got stronger.

"please michael."

"i just need 5 minutes to explain everything!" i pulled him this time into the corner of the yard away from everyone else.

"hand on my heart it wasnt me that told everyone. Dean did ( dean was the boy who i smacked) he was in there when it happened you just didnt see him. i would never do anything like that i couldnt megan i ... i"

he noticed. he noticed the tears escaping my eyes. he wiped them away and pulled me closer so that we were hugging. i cried harder and harder. why would he say anything, why was i so stupid to even think he would.

"im so stu-"

"Dont megan! dont beat yourself up about it.. i understand why your angry." i lifted up my head so that i could catch eye contact with him. his eyes were glossy as if he wanted to break down in tears. had i hurt him? he probably hated me.

the day went on. everyone sniggered and made comments. i couldnt let them no i cared. thats when she walked in. the familiar receptionist repeating the familiar sentance. 

"can Megan please go down to reception." Confusion hit me straight away. i didnt see Dr Phillips anymore.

in reception i was greeted by my parents. i took deep breaths.

"Megan, your going to the mental health centre today. we didnt want to tell you before because we didnt want you to stress." the colour and emotion ran from my face. i felt sick and faint.

"no! please i'm better now! i promise i am."

"im sorry Megan!" i turned away and ran out of the reception. i ran down the corridors and he was stood there. 

"Megan?" Michael ran up to me and i collapsed into his arms.

"Michael please stop them." i cried and cried.

"what?? stop who." my mum and dad came up to us. i squeezed my eyes shut and let out a huge cry.

"NO! YOU CANT TAKE ME I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!" my dad pulled me away from michael. "DAD NO PLEASE" i cried and cried basically screaming for my dad to stop but he didnt he lead me toward the exit. i tuned back round to see a confused and crying michael. it only made me cry harder. i mouthed sorry before i could no longer see him.

from then on i was a patient at Graywoods mental health centre. and there was no way of getting out of it.