Chapter 15.

“Wait…you’re the master?” Sasuke blurted in shock, slightly disbelieving at this new piece of information. It couldn’t be true. How in the hell was that possible? Staring back at her, he searched her face for anything that would help him, but he found no trace of deception in her expression. Everything about her was genuine. She meant what she was saying, and with what he had just seen her do…with the knowledge he already knew she possessed…

He was inclined to believe her.

This in itself shocked him. True, he didn’t hate her like he had done in the past, but he had never really considered them friends,per se. He had still remained wary around her; so why was he okay with merely accepting this statement with barely any time to think over the whole idea? But no matter how hard Sasuke tried to dismiss it—to tell himself that she was just playing him and mocking him for what happened—somehow it made sense. There had always been something about her which was secretive and strangely powerful. He might never have imagined it would be because she was the Tatsujin no Kakusareta, but still—it fit perfectly. But unable to comprehend all this information that had rushed into his brain over the past two minutes, Sasuke could only add,

You can give me the power?”

“No,” she stated bluntly in return, but before he became confused about her response, she quickly went on,

“There is no such thing as ‘the ultimate power’. I can show you how to reach your full potential and access all the power you possess in battle. Every ninja is unique; but I can awaken their true power—a power that comes from within them. Are you willing to learn? Are you willing to let me teach you?”

Memories of earlier things she had said to him immediately began to flash up through his mind of how she spoke out the forest and finding harmony from the outside in. That it possessed strength, but it affected everyone differently. All she had been saying had been to do with this all along; he had just never realised it. Sasuke couldn’t help but smirk inwardly at the whole thing. All this time he had been wondering whether finding this place was the test, and then when she had shown him the way that he had been watched all that time in order to find out about him as a person and what he could do. In a sense, it had been a test—but one that had been evident right from the very beginning…and right in front of his eyes without him ever having a clue. A part of him now hesitated as he ran over her last question once more. He’d expected her to just be on the sidelines of all this, but now she was the most prominent figure. To have her teaching him would be strange, and to begin with, no doubt awkward. But…

“I wouldn’t have come otherwise.” Sasuke finally stated determinedly, causing her to walk over and offer her hand as she smirked and replied simply,

“Then let’s begin.”

Taking her hand, Sasuke was pulled up and walked alongside her as they now continued on towards the dojo without any more distractions. Staring at the image of the building up ahead, Sasuke shook his head once more. When he had pictured himself coming here to get trained, this was not the outcome he had been expecting. As for her teaching; well, he wasn’t sure how things would be. Just because her presence fit with the idea of her being the master, didn’t mean that Sasuke was completely convinced her teaching would be up to his expectations. There was only so much he could believe. The possibility of things going wrong now appeared within his mind, and scowling slightly at the consideration of what he might have just got himself into—and whether it would merely be a disappointment—Sasuke went on, his mood tumultuous.