Chapter 16.

The next morning Sasuke was awake to watch the sunrise with a puzzled look on his face.

He wasn’t sure what would follow when he got up, and how exactly things would turn out. A part of him was anxious; though whether this was in a good way or bad way he couldn’t tell. Was he excited at the prospect of this? Maybe. Clearly she had to be skilled if she had earned the title ‘Master’, and he had seen a little of what she could do in the fight that had taken place. This was what he had come here for—to get trained and to increase his power to its full potential. With what she said, it seemed like she understood just how to deal with that issue, and would cater to his individual needs. Obviously she didn’t train many people; so he had to be glad that this had happened—that he was staying in the dojo. He had to grab this opportunity with both hands while he still could.

But he still remained hesitant. He couldn’t fully believe she was Tatsujin no Kakusareta. She was the same age as him, and hadn’t even come from a ninja village—well, as far as he could tell. It’s not as if he knew much about her. But even so…the idea that she was a master…it wasn’t something he was about to accept instantly, even if he’d seen she was different—even if he’d known it from the start. Not to mention the idea of how the sessions would pan out. Sasuke still hadn’t forgotten their arguments and hostility from when they first met, and the idea that now she was his ‘sensei’—of sorts’—and that he would have to do as she said was not one he particularly liked to entertain. He might have been willing to learn from Tatsujin no Kakusareta, but there was a limit. He hadn’t been planning on showing a huge amount of obedience to ‘him’ when he had thought it was a man, let alone a girl who he’d hated only a couple of days ago!

A part of her, too, was dreading it. She knew the kinds of things he’d be thinking, and how he’d be picking up on everything she did, suspicious of her title and reputation. She’d said before how stubborn he was, and considering she was supposed to be teaching him, there was a certain amount of authority she had over him, and she knew he wouldn’t be willing to accept that. He might have accepted to let her teach him, but as for things such as agreeing that all that she said was right and going only with what she told him…he wouldn’t be as keen to go along with it. Yet still she had shown him the way and she had agreed to teach him. She had been able to sense all those things inside of him, and could feel the potential he had—she knew they connected, and understood his personality and how many similarities they possessed. It made her want to teach him; she wanted to help him achieve his goal…and maybe understand herself in the meantime.

But regardless of their feelings, there was no way out, and as such they both pulled themselves out of bed and began to get ready for the day.

They went about their daily routines, both slower than usual this time. Things had changed so rapidly over the past couple of days, and they both had a lot to think about. But a little while later and Sasuke was ready, taking a deep breath as he prepared for the day ahead. For all he knew she could be pretty harsh towards him considering their previous feelings for each other, and constantly put him down regardless of what he did. She’d started off saying he wasn’t worthy, after all. Though shaking his head, he forced himself to push that all aside—it wouldn’t make things any easier. He didn’t know what would happen, so all he could do was keep going and hope for the best. He only hesitated in these thoughts as he realised that he had no idea where he was supposed to go—she had shown him the way last night, but he hadn’t really memorised the layout of this place—not to mention he hadn’t been given directions or any specific room to go to. Frowning at this new problem, Sasuke growled softly and went to the door, wanting to start straight away if he was to be figuring out where he was supposed to be right now.