Rule #2

So psychological tests say that the more time you spend with a person the more attracted to them you become. So this leads me to rule #2: Create Some Distance.
I know, I know, kinda hard when you're  best friends with them. But it needs to be done!
"Enin! Earth to Enin!!" Keeva says laughing as she waves her hands in front of my face. I blush. I've done it again. "What's up?" She rolls her eyes, "I asked if you want to come over later after school." Ahh dang it. First test on rule two. "Oh um..." I stutter. I'm so terrible at coming up with excuses! "Sorry I can't. My mom wants my help with dinner. She's teaching me how to make Shepards pie." Keeva furrows her eyebrows but then she shrugs and smiles, "Cool! Later you can teach me!" I grin "Sure kid." She throws her arm around me "Deal." She winks. "Let's got class then." I shrug out from under her arm casually as I start to skip down the hall. She looks a bit upset before she smiles and starts skipping after me.
Don't think about her. Or her sad face. Or her face at all.
My thoughts are interrupted as I run into a short but fairly strong person holding a book to their chest. I grab their shoulders so I don't fall and as I do I realize I've run into a girl. A pretty tiny girl at that. I mean I'm 5'2" and she's a few inches shorter than me. I start to say I'm sorry but when I look at her face I stop. She is the epitome of adorable. Her short blonde hair frames her face and her bright blue eyes stare widely at me for a second before she starts to laugh. "I'm so sorry I wasn't looking when I was going." I grin "No prob bob I wasn't watching where I was skipping." She giggles and we stare at each other for a bit before Keeva clears her throat from next to me. "We were skipping to class and unless you plan on actually skipping I suggest we get going." I grimace. I forgot about class. Ugh.
"Oh um I'm looking for the science room actually." The girl says shyly. "I'm new, my name is Anya."
"Oh! No way! I'm going to the science room too!" I smile. "You can come with me." I hold out my arm and she loops her arm through mine. "Catch you later!" I tell Keeva and she waves bye to us as we walk arm in arm down the hallway.
Turns out Anya is hilarious, she sat by me and we made jokes and talked during the slideshow. I learned that she just moved here and transferred into our school. She had almost every class with me and had yet to make any friends. "Well you have the friend thing taken care of now." I tell her with a smile. She grins back. "Thanks."
All of a sudden I get a fantastic idea. I text my mom hey can I invite the new girl over for dinner? She replies back almost instantly sure she can learn how to make Shepards pie too! I grin as I send a quick thanks you are the best!
I turn to Anya, "So how do you feel about Shepards pie?"
After school I walk with Anya to my house and I think I've found someone I can hang out with to create the distance I need from Keeva. This day is turning out way better than I originally thought. Rule two is working out way better than rule one!