Rule #12

So with a somewhat restless sleep I have come to the conclusion that I must persevere and move forward. In light of that Rule #12: make a new (girl)friend.

Well with all the confidence I was bound to chicken out.
It's Friday and I still haven't told Anya how I feel. And it's not like anything has really changed but I guess I do want her to know.
"Hey Anya?"
She pauses a bit mid step, "yeah?"
"Can I... can I talk to you after school?"
I can feel her concern in her eyebrow pinch but she replies quickly, "yeah of course sparrow."
My heart clenches a bit at the nickname and the way she smiles when she says it.
"Thanks you're awesome!" I say and I mean it from the tips of my toes to my hair.
She grins, "as are you! Let's get to class shall we?"
I link arms with her, "we shall."

The dreaded moment: after school. I mean we always hang out after school until her dad comes to get her so it's not that different. Except it is.
I don't realize I'm shaking a bit until Anya reaches out to grasp my hand, "you feeling okay?"
"Yeah, just.." she looks concerned but waits for my response nonetheless, "just nervous."
Now her face goes from concerned to confused. And I don't know what comes over me but I wanna make it as clear as fast as possible so she isn't confused or concerned or maybe I just want to say it but either way I start.

"So I like you, and I mean like of course I like you cause like we're friends and so I have to like you to want to spend so much time with you but I mean that's how I like Keeva but not how I like you," I look up to see Anya even more confused then before
"Oh no I'm messing this up! That's not what I mean. No I do mean that but what I really mean is.. wait no, hold on." I take a deep breath, "I like you!... romantically."
I can feel my cheeks and I just know they're super red. But I look up anyway to see Anya as I wait for a response.
And I look at her face and she's red but she's also trying not to laugh. I panic oh geez she thinks I'm an idiot.
"Wait no," she stutters out around a laugh, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to laugh but that was just, you were just so flustered it was so cute."
I turn even more red and start to put my face in my hands to cover my shame, when Anya reaches out with hers.
This time when I look up she's smiling. "I'm so glad."
I feel my eyes go wide.
"I do love being your friend and spending time with you. But I like you too."
I smile and she adds, "in a romantic way."
I groan, "oh gosh I can't believe I said that!"
Anya can't hold back her laughs this time but I join in to. When we calm down enough to speak again I realize we are still holding hands. 
I look up from our clasped game xd to her eyes. And
Her dad honks the horn!
I jump a bit. "Your dads here."
She smiles, "yeah I got that. I'll talk to you later okay?" Then she leans in and kisses my cheek.
By the time I say "ok.." she's in her dads car waving at me from the front seat. I grin and wave back and my phone vibrates in my pocket.

'Thanks for telling me :)
-your girlfriend"