Rule #3

So rule 3 kinda goes hand in hand with rule 2, make new friends. Chances are if you're in love with your best friend they are the only person you really hang out with on a daily basis. So in order to create the distance you need without just ignoring them for no reason you need to make more friends. At least one more so they aren't the only person you are constantly with. Or just get closer to friends you already have but just don't hang out with as often.
We arrive at my front door and after unlocking it I open it wide and Anya follows me in. After shutting it behind us I hear noises from the kitchen. "First things first." I say "let's make sure a murderer isn't in my kitchen." She giggles and rolls her eyes but follows my lead. When we are standing in the doorway my mom turns to us. "Great!! You're here! I was almost about to get started without you." I gasp with my hand on my heart thoroughly offended. Anya laughs and my mom reaches out her hand, "I'm Enin's mom but you can call me Emma. You must be Anya." Anya blushes a bit and nods as she shakes her hand. "Well go ahead and put your stuff in Enin's room and we'll get started. I grab Anya's wrist with a smile to my mom and lead her to my room.
To my horror I remember that I hadn't bothered to remember if I'd cleaned my room. I just hope nothing embarrassing is out. Anya must sense my hesitation because she says, "my room is super messy so don't worry about me seeing yours I'm pretty sure mine is worse." I grin, "but you did just move here." She grins back, "True, but it was also messy at my old house." I playfully roll my eyes and open the door. Thankfully it's only slightly messy and that's just my spirals and sketchbooks. Anya puts her bag neatly by my desk and I mentally accuse her of lying, cause no one messy is that neat about placing a backpack, as I toss mine by my bed. "Come on or she really will start without us." Anya looks up from the sketch of a daisy I had been working on. "It's beautiful." She says before smiling and skipping out of my room.
I meet her in the kitchen and we help my mom make Shepard's Pie. It's actually pretty easy! Anya stays for dinner which is awesome. My mom loves her I can tell. And we even do some homework we didn't finish earlier before her dad comes and picks her up. "Thank you for inviting me over, I appreciate it." I smile, "No prob Bob. Besides everyone needs some friends." She hugs me goodbye and I hear her smile as she says "I'm glad my first one was you." I grin and wave as she leaves. Me too Anya. Me too.