Rule #4

So rule #4 is avoidance, okay so maybe this is one bad idea in the long list of bad ideas that I think of on a daily basis but seeing as if you're following the rules like I am you may have run into the same situation as me.
I mean I did tell Keeva I couldn't hang out with her and then invited Anya, a girl I just met to my house and yeah that was probably the worst decision I have made in a while. However that being said since it's the worst I've done there's no way it can get worse right? Plus what is worse than being in love with your straight best friend anyway. Anything I do from this point on is just a decent into a downward spiral of insanity and depression.
So, after getting off track rule number four is avoidance at all costs.
"So I heard you asked the new girl Anya over yesterday." Keeva said so calmly that if I hadn't known her basically my whole life I'd think it was a casual statement. As it happens I unfortunately do know that it is not a statement or even a question, it's an accusation (one I do deserve but still) The warning bells go off loudly in my head as I try (unsuccessfully I might add) to shrug nonchalantly as I scramble for a viable reason to diffuse this tension.
I laugh a bit stiffly as I turn and say "Well my mom heard there was a new girl at school and told me to invite her over if the opportunity presented itself. You know how she is thinking I need to make friends all the time."
Keeva relaxes slightly since it is true, my mom apparently wants me to be more social.
"Well still, you could have called me I would've come too and we all could have hung out." Keeva says with less of her indignation on display.
"I know, I'm sorry dude, I didn't think. We just went straight home and once we walked in the door we were immediately dragged into the kitchen to be taught these apparently important 'life skills' I mean there is such a thing as take out."
I was dragged out of my mostly internal rant immediately when Keeva said softly, "Your mom taught you both to make shepherds pie?" I looked up just in time to catch the hurt flashing across her face before she composed herself and smiled wide in a way that hurt my heart cause it didn't reach her eyes. "That's really cool." She says, like she means it.
I smile back at her but to me it feels more like a grimace. "Yeah..."
I was interrupted from saying something probably stupid and unhelpful when I heard my name being yelled from down the hall.
Saying yelled makes it sound louder than it actually was but her voice did carry quite a ways. Before I could turn around I was tackled in a hug from behind. "Enin!" Anya exclaimed again. Her voice knocked me out of my shock and I was able to turn around to see her and smile, this time for real.
She then hugged me again tighter and I held on just as tight. She was so small but her hug made me feel a bit more strong and sure, About what I don't know, but it did.
"Thank you again for inviting me over last night, I had so much fun! And it's nice to have a friend." She finished with a slight blush as she looked at her shoes.
"No prob Bob." I winked and slung my arm around her shoulder "I did too."
Then I heard a soft but pointed cough behind me and I knew I was in trouble.