Chapter 1: Trying to Find a Guild

People were probably looking at me weirdly, because I was the only person running over to the forest after hearing the loud bang. Someone must have been out hunting, and it's not even hunting season. I'm going to kill that person if they've murdered some of the wild life. I had push passed some people, because they were either going slow, or I was just in a big hurry. I felt bad for the people who would fall down from me pushing past them.

      I finally got to the forest but didn't stop running. I need to hurry and find where the person shot the fire. And if any of the creatures were injured. I'm like the super hero of the forest sometimes. Maybe Gray would call me that if he knew I was alive. Ok get your mind off Gray, Gwen. You hate him for breaking his promise. Even if it was ten years ago. I can never forgive him for what he has done. Gah! Stop think about that jerk!

      I gasped at what I saw from the scene in front of me. A bobcat was laying on the floor. Struggling to keep its breathing steady and not let death take over its body. I knelt down next to the cat trying not to get really emotional over what I'm seeing.

      "I'm so sorry that guy came after you. You didn't deserve to be shot," I said stroking its fur. It didn't have enough energy to snap at me. So the bobcat just let me pet it. "One of these days  I will get revenge for you. But I cannot do that without some help," I stated starting to get my ritual ready for getting the animal soul. It was easy for me to get this soul. You could tell it wanted revenge terribly. The bobcat finally gave its final breathe, and the soul came flying into me. The new power was flowing within me and I felt more powerful. Time to find that ass face. Giving him what he deserves. Mr bobcat I will keep my promise to you. Letting you get your revenge. I brushed off the dirt on my pant legs as I stood up. I roamed around the forest for the person, but he must have left before I could get to him. Dammit! I'm sorry bobcat, but we won't be getting revenge today.

     I left the forest angrily. That makes me mad that, that guy got away with killing something so innocent. I really wanted to get revenge for the animal soul. Maybe some other time will come. Everybody who was in the town and they witnessed me storming towards the forest earlier glared at me, or ignored me. They even gave me other looks too. I just ignored all of them and went to some markets. Bought some stuff that I needed. Plus a new issue of Sorcerers Weekly. What? I like to see the stupid thing they say about my brother. Hes not all that great journalists.

     I sat down on a bench I found, so I could take a break from all the walking. The I pulled the magazine back out, and looked through all the articles. Yup I was correct that there would be a picture or something about my brother in here. He has gained a stripping habit. Gray must have gotten that after leaving the village with that lady and boy. Those people corrupted my brother and changed him more. Gwen! Stop! Put away the magazine and get your mind off that asshole. I sigh, putting away the magazine, and stand up from the bench. A girl sat in another bench across from this one, fangirling like crazy. She had the same magazine I had. Okay yeah she's going to get on my last nerves. I walked away from that area, and went on a hotel hunt. Not a lot of them were in my favor. The hotels were booked or very expensive. Dammit! I wished that wouldn't happen, but it does, and it bites you in the ass. Fudge!

      I opened the locket on my bracelet looking at the picture that was taken thirteen years ago. It got easier to open the locket over the years. I find it funny how I thought it was the hardest thing to open. And I still even remember thinking that my family will always be with me when I have this bracelet. I ignored the Gray part though. Like thinking of him here . . . sickens me. No I don't want him anywhere near me. I'd rather have Gray still think I'm dead than alive. Mom and dad, I wish you were here to help me out sometimes. I can't rely on anyone anymore. Just myself.

       Finally finding a hotel to spend the night at. Thank god! I threw some of my belongings on my bed, and went straight to the kitchen. Making me some breakfast for dinner. I can't just live off of chocolate, but I wish I could though. Oh maybe I should look for a guild tomorrow. I narrowed it down to Lamia Scale or Phantom Lord. I'm leaning more towards Phantom Lord, just because I haven't heard about anything from that guild that's bad. Lamia Scale has a guild master that spins you at random. And I don't feel like being spun. Yeah I'll go give Phantom Lord a visit tomorrow. As I finish cooking, I quickly ate and went straight to bed. I'll take a shower tomorrow morning. No time now. God I hope I get into Phantom Lord tomorrow.

*this is the edited version of the chapter. P.s. if you'd like to read my new story The Eighth Dragon Slayer its on my page. There's only one chapter so far but I'm working on the second chapter at the moment. Thanks of reading. You're the best :)*