Chapter 10: Gray and Lyon battle Racer

I thought this picture suited this chapter. Thanks for reading guys. :)

Me and Sherry watch as Gray and Lyon try to battle Racer. Yeah leave out the girls you two! It got to a point were Lyon and Gray were talking or planning something. I began to feel confusing. All of a sudden Lyon had frozen Gray.

"What are you doing Lyon?" Gray yelled.

"I can take him on with out you," Lyon stated. I watched in horror as Gray rose up to the sky. I looked away from the ice that had a hold of my brother, and looked my eyes on the trees surrounding the area. How could Lyon do that to my brother? I did know what to do. Do I go and save my brother from the ice capsule, or fight against Racer with my guildmates? My heart was starting to pound fast in my chest. I ended up making a decision. I ran straight for a tree closest to the ice. I'm going to protect my last living relative, even if I have a huge grudge on him, if he did know I was alive back then he would stop at nothing to protect me. I'll do the same in return. Sherry joined Lyon in the battle with Racer. Continuing where they had left off after Lyon frozee Gray. I climbed all the way up to the top of the tree, and leapt from tree to tree, hiding in the leaves, I even hid myself in Sherry's marionette. Once I found a good spot to aim at. I went in for an attack with my bobcat soul. Barely leaving a scratch on Racer, because he was too quick.

"What are you doing Gwen?" shouted Lyon. "Sherry and I got this."

"I'm not letting you guys fight alone, and I'm not letting you," I pointed ast Lyon, "get away with freezing my brother!" I screamed frustrated with him. I ball up my hands into fists. Ready for what ever may come.

"I don't want you to get hurt that's why!" Lyon yelled angrily. "I thought you'd be happy that he was out of the way now?"

"Well too bad! Don't worry about me. And you shouldn't just assume things!" Lyon is getting on my last nerves.

"Would you two stop bickering like an elderly couple!" Sherry started shouting next.

"Let's just get back to fighting," I said calming down. I could tell they wanted to talk more. But I ignored them. Sherry was soon bested. And Lyon had Racer chase him out to the forest. Where is he going? I thought.

I ran back to where the ice capsule was that held my brother. How is he going to get down? I thought once more. Grays an ice make wizard. So I shouldn't worry right? An ear piercing noise rung through my ears, I look up and notice a crack in the ice. A few pieces were shaved off of the ice like snow and gradually got bigger. It was too late for me to get out of the way. I got hit with one of the many pieces of ice. It wasn't that much of an impact to knock me out. I just got dizzy and it was hard for me to walk without bumping into something. I'm just lucky enough to not have been squished. Something had come sliding down from the ice. I was guessing it was Gray since he was the only one near by. He helped me to where Lyon and Sherry were.

"What happened to Gwen?" Lyon asked coming up to my brother and I.

"I got hit in the head with a piece of ice," I said losing my balance and fell onto Lyon. I could hear Gray chuckle behind me. As I got up from the fall I saw Racer coming right at us with an explosive lacrima. Lyon jumped at him and they both fell off the cliff.

"Lyon!" Gray, Sherry and I yelled in unison. I felt a stabbing sensation through my stomach as I watched my guild mate fall to his death. In a way I felt close to him but I really wasn't. He had helped me during my time of need when I got hurt on one of our missions. He sacrifices his own life, so we all can stay living. My knees collapsed from underneath me.

"Gwen, are you alright?" Gray asked quickly kneeling down to my level. He tried to comfort me by rubbing my back. I didn't notice that rivers of tears had formed under my eyes until Gray wiped them away. I hugged him out of nowhere causing him to be shocked. He then hugged me back.

"Gray, I'm scared. I want to come with you." said little me
"I'll be right back. I promise." said the younger Gray.

Those memory's flodded through my head at that moment. I haven't felt this safe in my brothers arms since then. I've missed this feeling. But it wasn't enough, I just witness my friends death.

*like the other chapter. Not much of an update. But it's fixed up a bit. I'm going to fix it up more later. And I'm going to make a few more chapter to make things fit more and maybe make more sense. Thank you for reading and voting!! I really feel very grateful for all of it. You guys are amazing!*