Chapter 5: Different Guild

I probably walked through at least two cities after I left magnolia. Finding a guild is harder the second time. I thought it would be easier but its not. "I'm going to look for mom and dad." I remembered back ten years ago. "Gwen I..." Lately I've been thinking about my older brother. The more I thought of these memories the more I cry. Also it fuels my hate for Gray. I know this is stupid. Then I remember that I had to find away to survive on my own at the age of god damn seven.

Focusing my energy on my magic and conjured up on of my many animal souls. I pulled out a wolf soul. It was sky blue, just like the color of my magic. I was getting very lonely and needed to take out one of the animal souls. I was also still pretty upset, so the souls could sense it too. They even tried to help me out and I let them give a go at helping me. Though we can't really communicate, them just being around give me comfort.

Once I had arrived to the train station my train had already gotten there. I boarded the train with my bags still in hand, and the wolf on my tail.

I sat down in a seat and just looked out the window. Seeing as all the buildings or other things zoom past. The wolf soul was laying on the floor. Who knows if these guys can sleep, probably not. Since souls don't have a physical body, they don't need any sleep anymore. I feel bad for them, I wouldn't like not being able to sleep.

We made one more stop until we got  to our destination. Someone came over and sat down in front of me. They had a newspaper to read while they were reading. It must be new cause the front page say, "Phantom Lord Guild Disbanded." Wow news spreads fast, holy cow. I really hope no one will find out that I was apart of Phantom Lord. That could give me a bad reputation.

The train soon came to a stop. I gathered all my things and exited the train. My wolf spirit shadowing me. We walked around the city for a good hour, until we came across the Lamia Scale building. Never would've thought I'd be here, I thought Phantom Lord was a perfect guild for me. But I was completely wrong, and now I'm here in front of the Lamia Scale guild. Now I just need to hope to not get spun by the guild master. That probably won't happen. She spins everyone.

I walked through the front door of the guild and everyone placed their eyes on me. A humongous weight was now on my shoulders. The wolf spirit could sense that I was nervous, so it nudged me forward as if to help give me confidence. Some people eventually turned their attention away from me and went back to what ever they were doing before. I looked around the room, trying to find where the guild master was. I know she was a small elderly lady, and her hair was always up in a bun. Plus she also look angry all the time.

I spotted a man with silverish blue hair. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but the man reminded me of someone. I've never met someone with that hair before though. Or have I? I turned my attention away from the guy and eventually found the guild master. "Excuse me but are you master Ooba?" I asked getting her attention.

"Yes I am Ooba, what's your question girly?" She said staring me down. Why are all the guild masters staring me down? I haven't done anything bad . . . have I?

"I wanted to see if I could join the guild?" I said sounding shy and not very confident.

"Is that soul right there apart of your magic?" She asked nodding her head to the wolf spirit beside me. I nodded my head.

"Yes that's one of my animal spirits. I'm an animal possession mage." I said. She nods her head again, looking intrigued.

"What's your name girly?" Master Ooba asked.

"Gwen Fullbuster." I said. From the corner of my eye I could see the silverish blue haired guy slightly turn his head. Is he listening to the conversation? Then I realized that the whole guild was quiet the whole time I was talking to the master. Shit!

"Okay! Where do you want your guild mark and what color would you prefer?" I told her exactly where I want the emblem, and what color. I was officially apart of the guild now. I walked away from master Ooba and went to the job board.

"You're new to the guild and already want to go on a job. That's weird." said a boy with blue hair, and big eyebrows. He was followed by a dog man. I gave them both weird looks.

"What's weird are your eyebrows and that guy is a man dog." I said, regretting it since it sounded rude. A few people found what I said funny though. And they didn't seem too hurt.

"I'm Yuka Suzuki. And this is Toby Horhorta." The huge eye browed guy said.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Gwen Fullbuster." I said introducing myself. I'm kind of hoping people won't ask if I'm related to Gray. I'm done with thinking about him for the day.

"Why are you looking for a job so soon?" Toby asked.

"I need money, I'm broke." I said. "Plus I need to get money so I can find a place to stay."

"You know the guild has its own living place for the guild members right?" Yuka said.

"Well maybe I want to save up money for a house later. " I said. "Plus I know that I'll be need to stay there for now."

"Okay we'll join you. Plus we could get Lyon and Sherry to come with as well." Toby said. I nodded my head not caring if they joined. I took a paper off the job board. And I followed the two over to there friends they were talking about. We stopped in front of a pink haired girl and the sliver haired guy from before.

"Who's this?" The girl said pointing to me.

"This is Gwen Fullbuster." Toby said awfully to loud. The guy started to stare me down. I felt uncomfortable. "Gwen this is Lyon and Sherry." I waved my hand to them. Sherry smiled, Lyon still staring me down.

"Would you guy care to come on a job with us. This is her first job in this guild, and we thought it would be a good idea to go with her." Yuka said.

"Oh I dont-" Sherry began but was cut off by Lyon.

"Sure. We'll go with you guys." Lyon said. I looked all around the room so his gaze wasn't to intimidating. But that didn't work.

"Cool let's go." I said taking the lead. Leaving them so I wouldn't be looked at anymore. They all had to rum after me to keep up. God this job is going to take forever.

*here's the updated version of the chapter. Sorry it took so long. I'm really happy this story has gotten to over four thousand views. Thank you so much for reading. You guys are awesome.*