The Type of Horror Movies that Start Out Simple...

I awoke with a massive headache, insanely fast heartbeat, and adrenaline I hadn't ever felt before. I took a second to collect my thoughts, then opened my eyes and attempted to suffocate myself with a pillow. I wasn't in the kitchen about to kiss my long-term crush. I was in his bedroom, still as deep in the friend zone as ever. I rolled over and faced him. He was already awake, sitting up in bed and scrolling through his phone.

"What ya lookin' at?" I asked. My voice came out a bit rough from exhaustion.

"SHHHH!" He shushed me, nearly shaking the whole apartment in the process. I gave him a hard stare.

"I don't understand, was that the sound of me draggin' your body bag? SHHH!"
I said quoting Alx James, getting in his face with a sarcastic look. He shoved me away, smiling. But his eyes never left his phone. I rolled my eyes and ripped the covers off me. Before I could stand up, Jason grabbed my arm, still not looking up from his cellular device. I waited for him to talk, but he just used his one free hand to continue to tap away. Finally, after what seemed like forever, he emerged from his trance.

"HA! My horror movie boyfriend is myself!" He yelled and threw his arms up. I stared at him in disbelief.

"Jason... were you... were you playing a Facebook quiz?" I asked. He turned to me and crossed his arms.

"So?"

"WOW." I started laughing and put a hand on his shoulder. "Voorhees, that's low for even you."

"Shut up. I was bored, and it gave me something to do," He defended. I rolled my eyes and crawled out of the bed.

I walked out of his room and started my daily routine. Grabbing my clothes, carving that stupid symbol, putting on my bandages, and heading to work. But on my way out the door, I was stopped by Ghostface. He grabbed my shoulders and leaned close to my ear.

"Apparently, we got really high last night. So high, that before Jason carried you to his room, you told us a few secrets..." I froze in horror and looked at Ghostface. "Jason knows about your little high-school-girl-crazy crush thing you've got going on. But when you told him, he just put you down on the bed and told you, 'goodnight.'"

"Oh my Castiel," I quickly grabbed my Starbucks apron. "I have to go, right now. I'll see you later. Thank you." Ghostface nodded and let go of me. I was out the door and halfway down my street in less than 2 minutes. (A/N: I was rereading this paragraph and thought about the breadstick meme and can't stop laughing)
(Another A/N from almost a year later: *shoves breadsticks into apron* "I have to go, right now.")

Did that seriously happen? He had to be fucking with me. Jason showed no sign of any kind of knowledge like this. But, then again, I never told any of the boys I liked Jason. Not a single soul... or them, considering they don't have souls.

I felt a cringe attack overcome me and I suddenly stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and smacked my face into my hands. Oh my moose, if he actually knew I liked him, he'd eventually confront me, and I was going to say something really stupid. Because I cannot handle awkward situations like that.

When I reached work, I immediately went into the bathroom and hit myself so hard there was a red mark. Did I seriously do that? What the hell is wrong with me?

After calming down I went back outside and got to work.

***

A few hours later the situation had left my head and I was walking home peacefully. Well, it started peacefully. Slowly, I started to become paranoid, feeling like someone was following me. I stopped and turned around, only to be confronted my a man in a hood, not even 2 inches from my face. I let out a yelp and fell to the ground.

"That was dramatic," The man said amusingly.

"Shut up, this entire story plot is dramatic. What is with you people? Why can't I see your faces?"

"Well, firstly, I'm not suppose to interact with you. Bosses' orders. Secondly, it would give away our identity, losing purpose of your entire life," He answered. I gave him a cold stare.

"You're kidding me, right? You don't break his rules at all?"

"Of course!" He defended immediately. "I'm that baddest of all of us!"

"Oh? And what ratio am I looking at here?" I asked. Maybe I could trick more information out of this idiot.

"At least a hundred, haven't really cared to find out. I only talk to who seems cool. Or hot, whatever."

"Wait, over a hundred? How many of you are following me?"

"Well, let's see," He looked down at his fingers, saying names under his breath. The only one I could make out was, "Toby."

He suddenly stopped and looked up. "I, uh, have to go... he found me."

"Wait what about..." I trailed off. He'd already left. I looked around and let out a loud sigh. "Toby," I whispered to myself."