A Confession of Love

• Rap Monster's POV •

* Knock knock knock *

"Kookie-ssi?"

Silence, besides the occasional sniffle.

I knocked harder. "Jeun Jungkook! If you continue to ignore me, I'm coming in!"

I heard flesh against ceramics. "Leave me alone, Namjoon."

I turned the knob.

"I'm fine!" Kookie sniffed. "Just - just leave me be for a while... Just. leave. me. be. Jehbahl."

I opened the door.

Our dorm bathroom is small, but a bathroom nonetheless. White towels, with BTS stitched on them, hung on racks, some thrown causally on the floor or in piles by the shower. The toilet seat was down, thank God. The walls needed to be repainted... the dull gray made me sad.

Before me stood our maknae, hands gripping the sides of the sink so hard that his knuckles turned white. His sweatshirt sleeves were scrunched up above his elbows. His hat was tossed into the shower. He was staring at himself determinedly in the mirror, breathing heavily. His eyes were blotchy and red, tears dripped off of his chin like melting icicles. "Why didn't you listen to me hyung?"

I smiled thinly, staying by the door. "Because I know when my brothers are troubled."

Kookie tossed his hair to the side, it fell back into his eyes. "I'm not troubled."

I took a step forward. "Than what are you?"

Kookie looked back at his reflection and inhaled sharply. "More like who am I."

I nodded. "Okay then, who are you?"

Kookie's lips seemed like they had grown together. He did not speak for some time. I didn't mind. The poor kid just needed someone to lean on and listen to him.

Kookie loosened his grip on the sink. His right hand clenched and then relaxed. He looked down into the sink bowl. "If I tell you who I am, promise you'll still love me?"

I laughed. "Of course dongsaeng! I don't think I'll ever stop loving you!"

A nervous smile inched across Kookie's left face. "So even if I went to jail or left the company or anything like that, you would still love me?"

I raised my brows. "You naughty boy. Doing illegal things and leaving the company..." I shook my finger mockingly.

Kookie smiled again, but it quickly faded. "Namjoon hyung, I - I think I really do love Jimin."

Kookie's hands gripped the sink bowl again, as if bracing himself for a harsh verbal beating. However, I just had a good minute long laugh.

Kookie frowned and spun around. "Mwo?! Hyung! Hyung! Hajima! It isn't funny! Why are you laughing?! Wae? Wae?"

I made myself stop chortling as I walked towards my friend. I put both hands on his shoulders, making him look up at me. "Jungkook.... our dear Golden Maknae...." Kookie glared at me. "At last you agree with your heart. Congratulations."

Kookie stepped back. "I - I'm - I guess I'm just a bit confused... you're not mad at me?!"

I chuckled again. "Aniya! Why should I be? After all, it was Jin hyung and I who helped you to start really thinking about your intimate feelings for others. I'm happy you have finally seen the light, so-to-speak."

Kookie let out half an exhale, "So -" he sighed and his shoulders relaxed. "So... what do I do now?"

I threw up my hands and looked to the ceiling, "Stand on the rooftops! Call to the Sea of Japan! Do a dance! Confess your love for Park Jimin!"