A Very BTS Christmas Part 1

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Just in time for the holidays, here is part one of my BTS Christmas Special!
Most of what will be written in this special is my own imagination. I do not know the holiday traditions of Bangtan Sonyeondan, nor do I know their religions.
Please enjoy my interpretation on how our boys celebrate this worldly holiday.
Much love and Christmas cheer,
WordGirl

•Jin's POV•

On Christmas Day I was up before the sun. All rehearsals were cancelled and everyone around the world was home from work. I quietly stepped into my house slippers and slid on my bathrobe. All my dongsaengs were soundly asleep, but I had food to make.

However, I was surprised by the smell of sugar and salt coming from the kitchen. I heard the sound of a spoon hitting a metal bowl.

I frowned. Who could possibly be up before me, on Christmas? I shuffled through the living room. I opened the kitchen door.

Immediately I was greeted by a hurtling ball of flour. "Aish!" I cursed as my hair was bleached in the vital baking ingredient.

"Merry Christmas, Jin hyung!"

I blinked flour off of my lashes. "Merry Christmas, Jimin-ah."

Jimin too was in his robe and slippers. His hair was tousled from sleep and his eyes shone with the freshness of morning. Over his robe, he wore a festive red and green apron that had embroidered dancing reindeer along the hem. It was dusted in flour and sugar.

On the island counter were two bowls. One bowl bore remnants of a recently mixed concoction. The other bowl contained a creamy batter. Various half-opened ingredients were scattered around the space in disarray. 

On the other counter that linked the sink and stove were various vegetables, meats, tofu, and noodles. A pot of water was simmering on the stove.

"What are you doing?" I asked Jimin, even though the answer was pretty obvious.

Jimin beamed at his work. "I decided to make the meals this Christmas!"

My heart softened. "Jimin-ah, you know that's my job. You don't have to do this."

Jimin nodded. "I know. But I do have to do this. Christmas is a holiday for selfless giving. I like to cook too. This is the perfect gift from me to you."

I was touched, but I still started washing my hands. "Let me do at least some of it.

Jimin sighed in defeat. "Okay."

•••

•J-Hope's POV•

I awoke to the sound of Christmas playing above me. I rolled out of bed. I stretched and yawned. Today would be a great day. It was Christmas after all!

The source of the music came from V's bunk. He was sitting up with his legs dangling over the side of his bed. His phone was hooked up to his portable speaker playing Starship Entertainment's Softly.

V was in dark jeans, a grey and red wool sweater, and a Santa hat upon his head. He was staring down at me, humming all the Sistar parts under his breath.

Upon seeing me up V grinned. "Merry Christmas, Hosoekie."

"Merry Christmas, Taehyungie." I chimed.

V scrambled off his bed and approached me. He leaned in, "Should we wake the others?"

I looked around me. Jimin and Jin were already up. I could hear clanging and smell bulgogi and miso soup beyond the door. Namjoon, Jungkook, and Suga were all tucked in their beds with visions of sponge cake dancing in their heads. Namjoon had been out on the town all night. We were all asleep when he came home. I chuckled, seeing that he was still in yesterday's clothes.

I turned back to V. "How?"

V's eyes glinted mischievously. "Watch."

I watched.

V snuck up to Kookie first. For a second he just hovered over him and then he descended with outstretched hands. "Aish!" Kookie's eyes flew open just seconds after V began tickling him.

V laughed his head off. "Merry Christmas maknae!"

Kookie groaned and pulled himself to a sitting position. "Merry Christmas." He laid his head against the wall and closed his eyes again. "I'm just going to keep sleeping."

V looked to me. "It's your turn."

I bravely approached Suga. He was such an angel when he slept. His head rested against two fluffy pillows. He was snuggled beneath one sheet, one quilt, and one comforter. His face was slack and flawless. The corners of his mouth twitched up once in a while into a smile. Sweet dreams. His hands were tucked into fists beneath his chin.

An idea came to mind. "V-ssi."

"Mwo?"

"Do you still have that feather we found at Jeju last summer?"

"Ne."

V fetched the feather that he had picked up on the beach at Jeju island. It was long and grey. I don't know how clean it is, but I ran it along Suga's neck anyways. I bit my lip to keep me from laughing.

Suga groaned and rolled to his other side.

I ran the feather under his nose.

"Hajima --" Suga mumbled.

I ran the feather behind his ears and down the back of his neck.

That did it. Suga opened one eye and then the other. He stared blearily ahead. "Mass isn't for another hour, Hoseuk-ah. Let me sleep."

I prodded him again with the feather. "But it's Christmas and Jin and Jimin are awake. V's awake. Even Kookie is --" I looked behind me. Our maknae was still sitting up, but his head lolled uncomfortably towards his chest. "-- back in KookieLand..."

V walked over to Jungkook. He placed his hands on either side of him and shook.

"Uuuuuuhhh..." Kookie mumbled. He tilted back on the mattress and rolled away from V.

He was a work in progress.

I returned to Suga, who was surprisingly in the works of climbing out of his cocoon of blankets. "I'm up. I'm up." He announced. He stood up with a pop-crack of his back. "Wear something nice today, J-Hope."

"I've been to church before, Yoongi." I reminded him but I did as he asked, but not before re-rousing Jungkook.