Chapter 20 - Colder

She was pulled from underneath a landslide, or from a dream that was strong enough to hold her in sleep, and she felt the sweetness of something pulling her still, pulling and pulling so gently...

He had awoken beside her as she slept, and went for a quick wash in the bathroom. But he returned, and just laid there quietly with her, unwilling to move until he cast his eyes over her sleeping figure and watched the sheets slide off a single soft breast while she stirred, revealing that rosy sweetness he so craved.

He moved slowly, so as not to wake her immediately, but afterward and from the feeling of his touches. And he let his fingers brush over that exposed nipple, softly circling, until he moved to the space between her breasts and, with the same care, pushed down the sheets to her navel.

He kissed her face, her collarbone, her shoulder, feeling as his body hardened, and all the while caressing all throughout her skin.

And she stirred, trying to sleep, trying to awaken, until just a bit of green showed beneath her lashes and she became aware of his warmth so close to her.

Her eyes opened, softly gazing at him with her dark, dark hair sprawled against the pillow.

She smiled softly, reaching for his hand as it rested above her rib cage, and moved to reach out for him, but he gently pushed her back and took her mouth before she could protest.

Not that she had been going to.

She reached for his hair, spread her palm over his shoulder and felt all the way down his broad, rippling back, to the muscled curve of his buttocks, as he kissed her senseless.

In the darkest corners of her mind she had not stopped fearing that he wouldn't be here in the morning, even when he'd taken her body for his own three times throughout the night.

But he was here, loving her, and she couldn't be more pleased.

"Won't you please..." she murmured between a catch of breath, "enter me."

He ached right above her, touching her welcoming entrance but refusing to take her. Not until he got his fill of her mouth and her hot skin, for he was certain he would lose his mind inside of her body.

He propped his body onto a single arm, supporting his weight over her with his elbow, and bent down to kiss the tender spots of her neck.

She trembled, moving her head so that he could reach every single spot of her flesh. And in that moment he went to her body and cupped her, a single finger sliding over her soft, wet folds.

So wet, he thought, and went to that spot right above her sex to worship it.

"Oh my... GOD." She moaned, and shivered at the feel of his teeth just gently prickling her neck.

"Do you like this," he asked, rubbing just a bit faster. But he knew her answer and asked simply for the matter of hearing her. It was when she moaned a shaky yes, gave an urgent nod, that he felt himself burn at her simple honesty, felt himself start to break.

But he wanted her to feel good, he needed her to soar before he lost himself.

She weakly moved her hand to his, right where he touched her, and laced his fingers with hers, bringing it to rest at her chest.

She stared into his eyes, pleadingly, and spoke in a rush. "Please. I want to break with you." She went to his sex, closed her hand around his thickness. "And you with me."

She stroked him, his eyes rolling to the back of his head in the sweetest pain, and he rapidly moved atop her, hovering over her body and covering every inch of her.