Chapter 5

We got out of the car.  I helped Elijah back into the wheelchair, which was a little awkward, but I got over it.  I pushed him, and asked Noah and Ashleigh for help, as they helped lifting the wheel chair up the steps.

We got in and looked around.  Nothing seemed too out of the ordinary...I pushed Elijah close to the recliner chair, for no special reason.  Ashleigh and Noah sat on the couch, they were holding hands, again.

"I'll be right back." I said, realizing I must look like a mess now.  I walked to the bathroom and did my thing.  When I looked in the mirror I froze in horror, staring at what was written on them

I screamed.  Ashleigh and Noah came running in, and I could hear Noah wheeling as fast as he could behind them.  "What?" Noah said, throwing the door open, he stopped mid-word as he read what was written.

"You're not safe..." Ashleigh read quietly.  She wrapped her arms around Noah's waist and rested her head against his shoulder.

We all stayed quiet for a few minutes.  "Guys." I said "I don't think we're safe..."

Noah yelled at me, obviously mad about the whole situation.  "Well no dip, Leanne!  You and Ashleigh just had to scream and drag us into it!  If you hadn't done that, we wouldn't have this blood on your mirror, Eli wouldn't have a broken leg, and we wouldn't have to be looking after you with your concussion!  I don't see why you brought us here!  It's a ghost!  Call Ghostbusters!  But I don't want in anymore!  All it's brought us is freaking trouble!"

I stared at him.  Noah never flips out like that.  I felt backstabbed, at least stung by his hurtful words.  Though I didn't want to, I decided to argue with him.

"Well we never forced you to!  This girl over here!" I stepped towards Ashleigh and made a dramatic motion to signify her "Decided to call you to ask you to come over.  She never forced you to come!  You came on choice!  So don't blame everything on me.  I never asked to be wanted by a ghost!  I never asked you to come, Noah!  You think it's hard?!  Well think about having to live with an evil entinty, that's been here forever and I only noticed!  He's knocked me out!  And what have you had done to you!? Nothing, you had a door locked on you.  You think it hurts you so much, well, it hasn't hurt you physically like it has me and Eli!  So shut your mouth and stop complaining!" I screamed at him.

He looked stung.  "Well if you don't need me here." He said quietly, looking down "Then I'll go." He held out his hand to Ashleigh "Would you like to come."

Ashleigh lifted her hand up, Noah moved his hand closer.  Ashleigh then put her hand back down "No, I don't, Noah.  Lee's right.  We never asked you to come.  You have no right to flip out on her.  If you want to leave, that's fine with me."  She crossed her arms over her chest, and she had one eyebrow raised.

Noah looked defeated.  "B-b, A-Ashleigh..." He stammered "I-I-m sorry, I guess I just got lost.  With everything that's happened, don't be mad at me."  Ashleigh had turned around and Noah reached out again and put his hand on her shoulder.

Ashleigh didn't react for a minute.  Then she whirled around. "Don't touch me!  It'd be nice," She took a pause "If you left.  For a while.  I think I've had enough of you for a while.  It's too overwhelming."  Noah looked tied.  He glanced between Elijah, Ashleigh and I.

His head was hung as he walked out the door.  He opened the door, looked back, and then continued.  Ashleigh looked as if she had gotten slapped.  "It's okay, Ash." I said, enveloping her in a hug.

She sobbed into my shoulder, I could hear Elijah wheeling forward and felt him stretch up to put a hand on my shoulder.  "I've never done that before to Noah, Lee." She said between sobs.

I patted her back and put my other hand on Elijah's elbow.  I looked up from behind Ashleigh as saw a black, broad shouldered figure.  Suddenly I pushed Ashleigh away.  "G-g-guys..." I stammered, pointing to the figure.

"He's back." Elijah whispered.  The figure glided forward.

He walked right through Elijah.  That's right, not around, not above, but through him.  He ignored Ashleigh and a dark hand reached out.  I gasped. "Oh no." I whispered, I swore silently as I heard Elijah starting to panic and Ashleigh started calling out my name. "Oh no, oh no, oh no."

I staggered forward, being pulled.  I could feel Elijah grab for my shirt, and Ashleigh my arm.  But it was useless.  It was like trying to hold onto a wing of a Jumbojet and trying to keep it from moving.  It was impossible.

I could expect what would happen.  I felt suddenly drowsy, I could hear Ashleigh running towards me, I felt her hand on the back of head as I fell to the floor, feeling the familar bang, but softer because of the hand.

I was enveloped into darkness.

Some time passed, and some color came before my eyes.  I heard cheerful, loud shouting, much more than just 2 voices, too loud for a hospital.

My eyes struggled open as I pushed myself up onto one elbow.  I stood up and looked around me.  I was on a cobblestone street with large buildings looming up around me.  I saw woman in large, hoopskirt dresses walking around, and men in tailcoat jackets escorting them.

I was confused.  This looked much different then real life.  I took a step and wobbled.  A man walked up to me.

"Eh look at you!  Would you like anything?  Eh heh heh, looky here I got something for ya.  How 'bout this?" He pulled out something I couldn't identify.

"Uhm, could you point me to the nearest laptop or computer?" I asked.

"A what?  What's a laptop, or a computer?" He asked, confused.  Woah...

"Don't you know...like the Internet?" I asked.

"Ma'am, I don't mean to sound rude but are you from Crazytown?" He asked, he tapped his temple with one finger.

I shook my head "No no no...This is 2011.  Of course you've heard of a computer."

"Ma'am, I should take you to a doctor.  It's only 1897." He laughed, and walked away.

I was confused.  1897? I gasped as everything swirled away and I was once again in the waking world.