Chapter 15, Part II

Besides the Epilogue, this is the last part of the last chapter...*dramatic music*

------------------------------------------------

*Ashleigh's P.O.V*

Leanne started to cry, which surprised me.  I was also surprised that I was crying as well, since I was supposed to be mad at him.  Maybe he was pulling some sick prank on us.

"Why don't we go to the library and see how the news records have changed?" I asked, sniffling.

She nodded her head and we walked out the door.  Leanne quickly ducked into the driver's side and I slowly came into the car.  I didn't bother to speak any words.  Leanne revved the engine and drove quickly to the library.  She had ran stop signs and red lights, and thank God no cops had decided to pull us over.  The town looked different, more grey, and there were many helicopters in the air.

We got to the library in record time, and ran in.  We sat down at the computers and looked up Frank Keaton.  We got many results, we clicked one that led to a lengthy article.

I read the headline outloud.  "Frank Keaton Successfully Overthrows Government, Murders many in process."  We looked at each other.  We went back to the search engine and typed in 'Clinton family', which was Noah's last name.

We clicked on the first one.  "Look, it's a family tree.  But it stops in 1825, one year after Frank was supposed to be murdered."

Leanne started to speak, "Maybe someone in Noah's family was murdered by him," she put a hand on her cheek, she looked at me, "We altered the future, oh my God, this is horrible."

"Maybe that's the unspoken reason of which Noah murdered him, if he had lived, Noah would never be here."

"But he was murdered nearly 200 years ago, Noah was only 22.  How does that work?"

"Maybe it's like after we die.  When we die, we're ghosts or spirits, maybe before we're born, we're also spirits.  Maybe he manifested himself beforehand.  This is horrible!" I started to cry again.

"Wait, Frank Keaton successfully overthrew the government...that means..." Leanne trailed off.

"We're horrible people...." I finished.

"So now...why don't we look up the U.S, see what pops up?" She suggested.

I quickly typed in 'United States Government', and scrolled down.  Most were older news articles that read "Government thrown over, now ruled by royalty."

"We changed the government..." She said.

*Leanne's P.O.V*

"We need to go back and let Frank be murdered.  We've altered time, we've caused hundreds of innocent deaths and the fall of democracy." I declared quietly,

She nodded, and we ran out of the library.  The librarian cleared her throat.  "We can tell her family didn't die," I said quietly into Ashleigh's ear.  She giggled quietly, and I smiled.

I drove quickly, slowing down whenever I saw a helicopter close by.  We practicaly jumped out of the car before it stopped moving.  We ran up the stairs and burst into the apartment.  We heard a scream.

"Who are you?!" came a shrill voice.

"Uh-we're...we're sorry.  W-We thought this was our apartment..." I stuttered, looking around.

"So you just run into your apartment and scare whoever else might be there?" She asked.

"I'm sorry," I said nonchalantly, and closed the door.

"We can't use the apartment anymore." Ashleigh hissed as we walked down the stairs.

"He's come down to our apartment, maybe he'll come down again." I whispered, unlocking the door to my apartment.  "Wait, where's Elijah?"

"He...he didn't disappear as well, did he?" Ashleigh asked in a small voice. 

"I hope to God, if he doesn't answer this phone...." I trailed off as I picked up the phone and dialed in his number.

On the second ring he picked up.  "Hello?"

"Elijah!  Oh thank God, we thought you disappeared!" I said quickly.  There was a moment of silence on the line.

"Who is this?"

"It's me, Leanne, you know me."

"I'm sorry, I think you have the wrong number.  I don't know any Leanne's."

"Wait!  This is Elijah Rhett, right?"

"Yes,"

"I'm Leanne!  Please tell me you know me, you couldn't have forgotten me."

There was another moment of silence on the phone.  "I'm sorry, you're not ringing any bells.  Have a nice day."

"Wait!  I can prove I know you, please." I begged.

There was an audible sigh on the other end.  "How?"

"Just ask me any question that no one else would know the answer to.  And if you don't believe me, you can ask me any questions until you do believe me."

He didn't talk for a minute, "How did I get the long scar along my left leg?"

I answered immediatly.  "You shattered your leg, and it's from surgery to put a stint in it."

"That's right, and creepy.  I think that's just a lucky guess," he paused again.  "But...I believe you."

"Oh my God, thank you so much." I sighed with relief.

"What do you need help with, Leanne?" he asked.

"Okay, Eli, I need you to tell me if you know anyone by the name of Noah Clinton, or just Clinton." I asked breathlessly.

"No, I'm sorry, I don't."

"Thank you so much for your help.  Please, stay in touch with me.  I will explain this all to you in a while." I said.

"Well," he began, probably pondering whether or not to stay in touch with me "alright.  But I expect to hear the full story, it sounds like it would be interesting."

"Bye." I said, I turned to Ashleigh after putting the phone on the reciever. "Noah's gone....someone of his family died in the riots.  Elijah didn't know me, and Noah was the one who introduced us all those years ago." I sat down on the couch.  Ashleigh put her arm around me.

"It'll be okay.  We both lost someone, but at least yours still walks the earth." She murmered, her voice breaking every so often.

"At least we don't have to deal with Frank anymore." I sniffed, trying to sound a little more cheery.

We sat there for a while, just crying at our losses. 

--------------------------------------------------

Teh end.  Sorry for the horrible ending, I was always bad at ending stories.  Now, who wants an epilogue?