Chapter 7

Vote

Fan

Comment

Suggest to your friends

Or else! :)  Haha.  Please enjoy your long awaited chapter! :)

****************************************

I pushed myself up onto my knees, and looked down at the street beneath me.  I scowled.  If that ghost was going to make me fix a problem, he needed to at least let me fit in.  I looked around at the ladies that stared in disgust at my now-dirty jeans and black tee. 

A peddler came up to me and did the same as last time, offered to sell something I couldn't identify.  I stopped him midsentence, quickly thinking of where I could contact a ghost.

"Do you know where a church might be?" I asked quickly, holding my hand up.

"A church?" He repeated in a loud voice "Down the street and on the left.  You'll be able to see it.  You'd be interested in this.  All the ladies love it.  A dollar.  My great-grammy had it in the ol' war."

"No thanks." I pushed him aside and looked up the crowded street, trying to see past the large women and tall men.  Pushing through them I heard multiple grunts, 'how rude''s and multiple responses.

I turned left and saw a small church.  The hand painted sign on the front said 'Saint Mary's Catholic Cathedreal, est. 1775.'  I pushed open the wooden door cautiosly, not wanting to set anyone or anything off.

"Hello?" I said loudly.

"Hello, how may I help you?" A priest wearing avsoutane*  called, coming from a hall on the left, his arms in the air.

"Uhm, hi.  I-I'm new here and I was wondering how I could contact the passed, if they don't..."I was looking for the word. "Reside here?"

"This is not the right place.  Go see a physcic medium.  I hear about a very succesful one next door." He said.  He walked down the hall and disappeared into a room.

I muttered something under my breath and turned back out the door.  I looked next door and sure enough saw an overdone sign that said "Miss Medium Jean Gary".  I sighed and started walking down the road and turned into  the walkway.

I knocked on the door, a woman with a strong Russian accent called out "Come in, traveler.  I can tell you are not from around here."  I was surprised.  I bet she had a peephole that showed my unusual dressing.

"What do you seek?" She asked.

"I-I need to contact someone who has passed during this time.  I don't know who he is or what he wants.  That's why I'm here." I said, moving forward and sitting in a folding chair.

"This will be diffucult.  To contact someone completly unknown will cost you.  Twenty dollars." She said, holding out a hand heavily coated in rings, and jingled with bracelets.

I took a twenty from my pocket.  "Interesting pay, young woman.  Give here."

I shook my head.  "Service first, then I decide if you deserve it."  I said, venom in my voice.  I never trusted mediums.  But you gotta do what you gotta do.

She gave me a look as equally challenging as mine.  "I can tell you'll go far in life.  Put the money on the edge of the table.  Shall we begin?" She held out her hands.

I wasn't sure what to do so I put my hands in her's.  They were ice cold.  "Think solely of what the ghost looks like, and try and communicate.  I shall assist, if he possesses me." Her eyes closed, and her hands squeezed on mine.

I closed my eyes and thought of the tall, broad figure in the room above mine.  I thought about how he was translucent and seemed very powerful.  Suddenly the woman's high voiced boomed in a scarily deep voice.

"Leanne!" She shouted, standing up.  "You have finally found us.  What do you seek?"

I stood up and managed to stammer through the knot in my throat "I want to know what you want of me."

"I was brutally murdered unfairly on Abbey Road.  Find my killer and I release you." She boomed.

"You expect me to do thi-" I was interuppted by the woman falling back into her chair, eyes rolled back and mouth slightly open.

"Madam Jean? Are you okay?" I asked, rushing around the table and putting my hands on her shoulders.

"Child, I'm quite alright.  I do this many times.  Now, give me the twenty." I turned around and picked the twenty, and put it in her lap.  "Now leave me be."  Her eyes closed, her breathing slower and calmer.

Everything started to swirl away, and I fell into blackness. 

"Lee, are you okay?" I heard a deep voice say.  Too deep for Elijah's, and definatly too deep for Ashleigh's. 

"N-Noah?" I asked, a pounding headache in my head.

"Yeah." He said, he put something cool on my forehead and guided my head back down.  "You alright?" He asked.

"Well, I have a headache, found out where I need to go, and I'm wondering where I am." I said, my eyes closed, savoring the feeling of the cool cloth on my forehead.

"We dragged you down while you were in old time, and put you on your couch." Noah said.

"Where's Ashleigh and Elijah?" I said, suddenly realizing I was alone with Noah, when we recently had a blow out.

"I sent them home.  They were shooken up.  They had called me when you were out longer than usual." He replied.  Sitting on the other end of the couch near my feet.

"Well the same thing happened.  Someone tried to sell me something.  I asked for a church, got sent to a medium, and found out I have to find Abbey Road.  Any idea where that is?" I asked, staring at the ceiling, that seemed to be swirling slightly.

"A couple blocks away from my house." He said plainly, looking at me.  I stopped concetrating on the ceiling and looked at him.

"Well, we should look up if any murders happened on that street." I said, getting up.  My headache giving a painful throb.

"Isn't that suspicious?" Noah said, standing up.

"So is a ghost suddenly appearing in the apartment above mine." I retorted, throwing the cloth on the couch and walking to the window.