Chapter 11

I decided to give you a couple chapters to apologize for being gone so long.

I have this great convoluted plan for the rest of the book and I'm so excited for when I finally finish the book and all this stuff comes out.  *insert manevolent laugh*

♫I'm so excited....And I just can't hide it...♫

Sorry.  I really had to do that because I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU TO SEE HOW THE REST OF THE BOOK PANS OUT...not that I plan to finish it any time soon.

*****************************************

I woke up in my bedroom.  I felt the foot of my bed sloping downwards, and looked over to see Elijah sitting there.

"Elijah!  Where's your wheelchair?" I asked, looking around the room.

"They sent my crutches early.  I went for the check up yesterday and my bones are healing faster than expected, so they expressed them overnight." He said.  He bent over and picked them up.

"That's nice." I leaned my head back and closed my eyes.  "Could you close the curtains?  I have a pounding headache right now."

He relented and hopped over, he slid the grey curtain over the window.

"Thanks." I murmered.

"Let me guess, you're not up to share your findings yet?" He asked.

"No, I'm ready.  Where's Ashleigh and Noah?" I asked, trying to crane my head far enough to see out my door.

"Noah left.  He said he had a 'prior engagement', and he had to leave right now." He said, shrugging.

"That's weird.  Anyways, what about Ashleigh?"

"Passed out on your couch.  She's stayed up all night waiting for you to come back." he said, "I didn't want to wake her up."

"Well I found o-Wait, I wrote it all down." I fished the note pad out of my impromptu pocket and threw it at him. "Here."

He flipped through it, muttering some words as he went along.   Something seemed to be bothering him.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He snapped back to reality. "Huh? Oh, nothing.  It's just..."

"Just what...?" I asked.

"Nothing.  Nevermind, it was stupid." He shook his head and set the notepad on the desk in front of him.

"What?" I asked again.

"Nothing." He snapped.

"Sorr-y." I said, putting emphasis on the 'y'.

He got up and limped over to his crutches.  He picked them up and walked out of the room.  I rolled over onto my side, and started to formulate how to find who murdered Frank.  Blonde, lanky and tall, kind of well built, most likely close to the government.  Soon I fell asleep.

*Ashleigh's POV*

I stomped on the brake as I rolled in front of Leanne's apartment complex.  I ran into the door and saw Elijah standing there.

"Hey Elijah, how's L...why, excuse me, how are you standing?" I asked.

He glanced down.  "I got my crutches.  I was healing much faster than expected."

"That's great.  Where's Leanne?" I asked.

"Sleeping.  She found some really interesting stuff that could lead us the murderer."  He said, sitting down.

I sat down on the recliner.  "Like what? I don't want to go in there and bother her."

"Well, he was murdered August 5th, 1825,  He had been wearing a black suit and a bright red tie.  He was blonde with what at the time was a peculiar hair cut.  Blonde and kind of side swept.  He was also close to the government, we believe." He explained.

"Huh." Was all I said.

He looked at me.

"Are you thinking the same thing I'm thinking?" He asked.

"Yep." I said.  I stood up and grabbed my jacket.  I set it back down almost immediatly.  I muttered angrily to myself as I strode into the kitchen.  I quietly looked through the cabinets before finding some soup.  I put it on the stove, and leaned against the counter.

No one said anything.  From time to time I shook my head and cursed.  Soon the soup was bubbling and I poured it into a bowl.  I got some medication and a glass of milk.  I set it on a tray and brought it into Leanne's room.

"Lee?" I asked gently.  She murmered something incoherent as she rolled over.  "I brought you some.." I glanced at the clock, "lunch.  Chicken soup, bread, and milk.  Oh, here's some meds for your head." 

I sat on the side of her bed and glanced around as she ate.  I shook my head.

"What's wrong?" she asked, after swallowing.

"Nothing." I repeated myself, as my voice had been quieter than I intended.

"You and Elijah are acting weird.  What's up with you?"

"I'm not acting weird.  I'm just thinking."

"About what?"

"Nothing." I snapped.  I immediatly took it back. "Sorry, I've just been stressed."

"It's okay.  So I have this plan..." she explained her plan for finding who murdered Frank.

***********************************************

I'm starting to purposefully leave out some thoughts...So don't think I'm getting lazy with my writing.

The Ghost Upstairs (A Ghost Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara