Chapter One

Disclaimer: I do not own Supernatural or any of the show's characters, just my OC and plotline!

The fallen angel sat on the edge of the old, dusty motel bed. His elbows resting on his knees and head cradled in his hands. Silent tears fell from his azure eyes and a wave of despair washed over Castiel.

The female stood behind him in absolute silence, her hazel eyes widening at the ghastly sight on his pale, smooth back.

His wings were gone. The large, black wings that had once occupied that space had disappeared were now replaced by two deep healed over gashes. Scars.

She gulped, glancing to look at her shaking hands. Deep breaths, she reminded herself. She would be no good to him if she too was a wreck.

Taking a step towards the single bed, Jane carefully mounted the mattress, moving slightly so that she was sat directly behind him.

He felt her weight dip the bed slightly. Lifting his head from his hands and sitting up straight, the dark-haired male let out a shaky breath before speaking. "It really hurts." he stated plainly.

Her own tears were now falling. "I know." deep breaths, Jane. The female reminded herself once more. "Do you still want me to rub your back?"

He turned his head slightly to the left, so that he could just about see her through his peripheral vision. With a silent nod, Jane received his unspoken consent.

"Okay." the female whispered more to herself than for Castiel's benefit. Deep breaths. "I'll be gentle." she reassured him in a louder voice. "I promise."

Jane was so terrified that she may hurt him further, which was the absolute last thing she wanted to do. She could never hurt Castiel, accident or otherwise.

Gingerly she placed her right palm upon his muscular back. He immediately flinched at her touch. The brown-haired female shied away from him. "I'm sorry!" Jane exclaimed.

"No," Castiel's voice sounded extremely strained, he was in somuch pain. "it's okay. It didn't hurt. You...you can carry on."

There was a brief, unsure pause on her behalf before Jane even felt remotely comfortable returning to helping him.

Sitting behind the humanised angel, Jane replaced her palm on his tender back. Carefully and with the slightest of touches, the female began to massage his back, specifically the areas where the wings had once been attached. Those areas needed the most work.

Within minutes, she felt Castiel lean into her touch. He leant back slightly, his head coming to rest on her left shoulder.

Jane turned her head slightly to the left, her mid-length her shifting onto her back as she did so. "It's going to all be okay." once again she whispered, but this time it was audible enough for the exhausted male to hear her comforting words.

Fresh tears escaped his eyes, which remained closed. Jane was somewhat relieved that she could not see she utter torment in his beautiful, crystal blue eyes. She wouldn't be able to handle her own emotions if she did. "It hurts, Jane."

"I know," the brown-haired female paused her massage and leant forward to place a gentle kiss on his furrowed brow. "but I'm going to make it all better." she vowed.

A/N: Please vote and comment! Let me know what you think! :)