Chapter 5

A/N: Look who updated! Whoop!

Jane didn't remember much about watching the movie, as she had promptly fallen asleep just after the opening credits. She had been exhausted from helping the fallen angel adjust to being a human.

The next morning, she stirred slowly, emerging disorientated from her deep slumber. In her confusion, she almost flinched in fear when she discovered a arm draped around her waist.

Jane quickly recovered when she realised that it was Castiel lying beside her, still peacefully sleeping despite his ordeal from the night before.

She rolled carefully onto her other side, wanting to see how her angelic boyfriend was looking.

He may have been sleeping well but his face still carried traces of undeniable physical and emotional pain. Dark, purple circles surrounded his eyes and a slight frown marred his features.

The female wiped away her free flowing tears of anger and sadness. She felt angry for being unable to ease his inner turmoil and she felt a great wave of sadness for his loss of grace. Without it, Castiel felt incomplete and the woman beside could do nothing to make him feel whole once more.

She continued to sit in silence beside him, her hand eventually trailing to gently run her fingers through his short, mahogany locks. It was a gesture her own Mama used when Jane was a kid suffering from nightmares.

He stirred slightly from the gentle touch, shifting in the bed to move closer to her warm body. "Jane..." he mumbled in his sleep.

Sighing softly, she wondered what the new day would bring. Dean and Sam hadn't yet been round to check on Castiel. Jane knew that they were giving them both space, allowing her to help the ex-angel to adjust to his new state and surroundings, before taking him back to the bunker.

Castiel was lucky to have the Winchester boys as friends.

Dean may have been gruff on the outside, but he cared for the fallen angel as much as he cared for Sam and was willing to protect him at all costs.

Sam was the same, only he wasn't as coarse in personality as his older brother. They both shared an identical concern for Castiel.

Both brothers accepted the ex-angel as one of the family, which meant taking care of him when the worst occured.

What Castiel was currently going through was the worst.

Jane's thoughts were pulled back to her present situation when she felt Castiel's arms wrapping around her waist, his face buried partially in her hip. "Jane." he whined, sounding as if in tremendous pain.

"Cas?" she gasped in shock, quickly untangling herself from his grip, so that she him clearer. "Cas, what's wrong?"

He rolled away from her, the bed creaking as he shifted his weight. The male groaned, a gutteral sound. "It hurts."

"Your scars?"

He nodded, his fingers curling into his hair, tugging at the ends almost painfully. "Please make it stop." he sobbed, eyes squeezed shut.

"Do you want me to massage your back again?"

Castiel shook his head, a short cry of pain leaving his lips. "Kill me." he hissed, clise to pulling chunks of his own hair out in frustration. "Do it, please!" the male begged of Jane.

She felt shaken to her core, his words hitting her like a bucket of ice cold water. The female was almost shaking from shock. "I...I can't..." Jane whispered. "I can't do that, Cas."

"Please..." he whispered, his body curled up into a fetus position.

"You know I can't do that, not to you."

"I'm begging you, Jane."

Sighing, she slipped out of the bed and moved to kneel by his side, their faces now level. Seeing his with tears in his eyes made her own begin to water. "Listen to me," Jane said, her hand in his hair once more. "I know that you're in a lot of pain. I do, really I do. But...you're not going to feel this way forever. I promise you, things will get easier. I'm going to be with you every step of the way, all right? Dean and Sam too. You're not going to have to deal with anything alone. And it's for that reason that I can't do what you're asking, Cas. If I could get rid of the pain any other way, I would but for now, you're just going to have to battle on a little longer. Can you do that for me, bubs?" she paused, letting her words sink in, hoping he would agree with her.

With a great shuddering breath, Castiel nodded, tears still escaping his crystal blue eyes. "Okay..." he whispered, his voice hoarse and low. "I'll...I'll do that."