Chapter 6

Two Days Later

He felt as if his whole stomach was being ripped out. Was the room spinning? He was pretty sure that it was spinning. His vision was focusing in and out, beginning to form a black frame around his sight. His knees felt weak as a huge wave of nausea swept over him.

He glanced around and noticed the bathroom near by. Quickly, he hurried inside, luckily throwing up inside the toilet instead of over the floor.

Out of the trio, Dean was the first to get to Castiel's side. "Cas?!"

Castiel vomited again, his knees weakening. Sam was now also in the bathroom. "Oh no." he assisted the other male with supporting Castiel. Their arms were wrapped around his waist and shoulders.

"This is bad." the brunette male muttered as Castiel straightened himself up, shakily wiping his mouth.

"Get him a glass of water." Dean instructed Jane, whom was currently still in the bedroom.

Luckily there was a glass by the sink in the kitchenette, Jane hastily filled it up and manouvered around Sam as he helped the ill male move to the sink.

"Take a gulp of water, wash your mouth out and brush your teeth, it'll make you feel better."

He slowly but surely completed Dean's instructions (with a lot of help from Jane). Exhausted, he slumped against both the Winchesters' hold. "Let's get him laid down."

The blonde and brunette males manouvered Castiel out of the bathroom, Jane trailing two steps behind.

What was wrong now? Was it something she'd done? The female didn't know but she wished she did, the fear and anxiety was making her queasy too.

Castiel was carefully placed upon the soft bed, the linen covers feeling cool against his warm skin. A sob escaped from his lips.

Jane's delicate fingers gently brushed away the fresh wave of tears. "It's going to be okay." she whispered to him, her thumb sweeping over his cheek.

"What are we thinking here?" Sam said, wiping the perspiration from his forehead.

"I dunno, maybe his body is adjusting badly to human food." the older brother shrugged, feeling as perplexed as his younger sibling.

"Is there anything in the lore about transformed angels?"

"If there is, it'll be at home in the bunker and we can't exactly pack him up into baby and drive him there."

"No but you two can go."

Her sudden interjection immediately silenced the boys.

Taking in their confused and unsure expressions, all Jane could do was sigh wearily and say: "I'm serious. Look, Castiel needs help and if there's something in the lore that can help, then I don't see a problem with you two driving back to the bunker and finding the information we need."

Dean had to hand it to her, Jane was one brave gal. To be left alone with an unstable angel, who's transitioning into his human form was undeniably brave...and unwise but mainly brave. "I know it sounds like a good idea but the bunker is at least a three day drive from here and I've gotta be honest with you- and don't take this the wrong way- but I sure as anything don't feel safe leaving you alone with Cas while he's in this state. What if something bad happens? What if something in him snaps and he becomes, I don't know, wild? Uncontrolable?"

"With the way he is now, I doubt he can even take two steps on his own, let alone attack me."

"But you don't know that for sure, Jane!"

Could Dean just for once agree with her? Castiel was in dire need of help and what was the older Winchester doing? Arguing. "Fine, then you two stay and I'll drive." the female folded her arms against her chest. "Someone's got to drive to the bunker, I can do it. If Cas goes crazy- which I very much doubt he will- you two can apprehend him."

"And what if something happens to you along the way? How are we supposed to help you?"

Infuriated, Jane rose to her feet. "Why the suddem overwhelming concern, Dean? Yoy never usually stress this much over my safety. Remind me again who volunteered to use me as bait on the last eight hunts? You, Dean, it was you. And suddenly Castiel needs my help and you're stopping me. Look at him, Winchester and tell me how you can deny your friend help when he needs it most?!" 

He could empathise with her frustration. However, she wasn't thinking rationally. Castiel, the angel she loved, was hurting and naturally, she wanted to do whatever she could to help him. Had he not done the same many times for Sam? Of course he had but there had been awful consequences most of those times. Dean knew that if something happened to Jane and Castiel eventually got better, his friend would never be able to forgive him. The older Winchester had enough guilt on his shoulders with adding more regarding Jane into the mix.

"I'm not denying him help. I'm just trying to point out that there are other ways to go about this. For starters, I will drive back to the bunker. You and Sam can stay here, take care of Cas. If he does freak out, at least Sam will be here to have your back. I can handle myself on the roads. It's a three day drive and you never know if there'll be an evil es-oh-bee roaming along the sidewalk, looking to have it's a*s kicked. I can handle that myself. I know what we're looking for and as soon as I find it, I'll drive straight back. I won't be gone more than a week, max. That sound okay to you?"