Chapter Three

He was undeniabley exhausted. Catiel's body ached, his eyes felt heavy and puffy and brain, like cotton wool. He hadn't ever needed sleep as an angel but as a human, it was a vital component to his existance amd yet he couldn't.

Everything was just so wrong. It wasn't meant to be this way.

He lay back on the motel's soft pillows, attempting to get comfortable but no amount of pillows were going to help him sleep. How could someone so depressed sleep?

The snow fell steadily outside of the motel window, he had always loved the snow as an angel.

He was no longer an angel.

Now he was lying in bed, watching the snow as a human, he had always loved the snow.

He heard the bathroom door creak open and light flooded into the room. It was carefully shut and in a blink of an eye, Jane was sitting by his side. Her added weight on the mattress caused the bed to dip slightly. "Hey." she whispered.

Just having her near made him cry. Instinctively, the female carefully gathered him into her arms as Castiel wept. She noted that he was wearing one of Dean's spare shirts. It was baby blue, her favourite one of his.

"My wings...my grace...it's all gone." the male murmured between sobs.

She kissed the top of his head, slightly rocking Castiel comfortingly back and fourth. "I know, Cassy, I know."

He was so tired, he didn't want to speak anymore, nor could he sleep. So, he allowed himself to be comforted by Jane, as she spoke about how brave Castiel was and how the boys and her were going to help the fallen angel adjust to human life.

It wasn't any consolation but he was okay with Jane at least attempting to make him feel better.

A/N: I'm back! More updates tomorrow!