Chapter Two

"Jane." he whined like a wounded animal, staring helplessly at the concerned female as she ran the warm bath, attempting to find something that would sooth his aching muscles.

Wiping the steam from her flushed face with the back of her left hand, Jane struggled to get to her feet, due to being crouched beside the tub for so long. "It's ready, Cas." she walked quickly over to his slumped, huddled form on the floor. Kneeling before the ex-angel the exhausted female placed a gentle hand on his cheek. His morose, brilliant blue eyes gazed up at her. "Come on, honey. Let's get you bathed."

In films, shower and bath scenes are usually depicted as something rather raunchy and pleasurable. And they can be. This is not one of those times.

Warm, epsom salt-infused water surrounded the drained male and soothed his aching limbs. Jane knelt beside the tub once more, dipping her hand into the water to check the temperature. "Is the water okay?"

He merely closed his eyes, waiting for the whole ordeal to be over.

It was not because of Jane that he so uncomfortable. He just felt so helpless and it was infuriating. It was different for Jane, for example when she became injured after a hunt, Castiel felt as though it was his duty to care for her. Now that the tables had turned, he could not help but feel rather emasculated and pathetic. He was so used to being an angel of the Lord, feeling fragile was not in his nature. Feeling so human was just too much of an adjustment.

"Cas, you feeling any better?" she whispered, the quiet sound echoing throughout the silent, steamy bathroom. The female watched anxiously for a reply, her ex-angel had only uttered so many words since their arrival back at the motel. "Cas?" she questioned him again.

"No," he croaked, tears beginning to spill once more. "I am not." his watery eyes met her wide, shocked ones. "I lost my wings, Jane."

Leaning forward and ignoring the fact that his damp body was soaking her dry clothing, Jane enveloped the brunette male into a protective hug. Where his warm skin met with patches of her uncovered arms and neck, her skin goosebumped and chills ran down her spine. "Oh, my fallen angel. I'm so sorry." she sobbed with dispair. Pulling away slightly, she peppered his face with tender kisses. "It's gonna be okay." Jane mumbled against his forehead, his lips, his cheeks. "I'm gonna make it all better." Jane pulled him again into a hug. "I'm gonna take care of you, I promise."