Eating on the Job

When they were in the kitchen where the scream was originated. They saw a female chef cowering in fear and shock. A cooking pot filled with boiling soup spilled on the floor, as steam filled the air.

Was it blood or the cooking tomatoes and tomato soup that were spattered all over the corpse of chief chef Unno?

Kagome walked near the corpse and examined it. Some people were amazed that a girl was getting near the body of a victim.

She saw a wound that was on his left shoulder.

"He has a blunt wound on his left shoulder. The person who did this must have done it from behind and from how deep it looks to be, the person had done it with enormous force to have done that to a human being." Kagome noted.

Back to the office after the body was taken to the hospital.

"The victim is chief chef of this restaurant, Unno Kouji." Sebastian reported. "He was taken to the hospital immediately, but he appeared to have died instantly."

Claude then intervened. "The cause of death seems to have been a bludgeoning from behind with a blunt weapon."

Sebastian nodded, a slight rivalry starting with delivering observations. "It was carried out with amazing force, beyond what should be humanly possible. According to the testimony of the employees, after Mr. Unno entered his personal kitchen, he never left once."

Claude said, "No one entered his kitchen either."

"Time of incident...would be after we saw the victim and during the time we were chatting in the office. About ten minutes in. That's about all we know." Sebastian finished, flashing a victory smile at Claude who did not return it, "The back entrance was open, so the culprit probably fled through there."

That wouldn't make sense. The culprit wouldn't leave a door opened carelessly or to even go out the back door in day light where people is a wake. It's possible that the cuprit is someone within the staff.

Kagome continued to think.

Yako looked down, twirling her long blonde locks a bit.

The only ones to notice it was the three demons noticed and they had a surprise look on their faces. They didn't expect to see the emotionless priestass smirk let alone smile even if it was a bit.

"Please, catch that criminal!" Shirota exclaimed. "The thought of never being able to see Unno again...I...I..." he pressed his folded hands to his lips.

Alois stood up triumphal and boasted, "Do not fear any longer! I, Alois Trancy shall solve this mystery before any one else!"

Ciel rolled his eyes. Neuro smirked, "Well then, mistress. It's time for us to start our investigation as well." Neuro grabbed Yako's head and dragged her off.

Ciel and Alois both blinked and stared, what an odd action for an assistant.

The first scene to be investigated, was of course, was the crime scene, the private kitchen. Scotland Yard members were taking evidence and samples of the kitchen. Ciel was observing where the body was seen before he heard Yako squeal over a plate of duck breast.

"This-! This is the dish!" She swooned.

Alois stood over her shoulder with interest. "This is the dish, doesn't look like much...?"