Chapter 9

Now before this chapter, I would like to thank ForYouMyWolfMoon and kyee18sha for their wonderful votes and comments! Thank you to everyone for all the support for this story!

§♦§♦§♦§

Harry was surprisingly elated as he walked toward the Great Hall.

He sat down next to Ron, and said a peppy "Hello!"

Ron stopped chewing and looked at him strangely.

"Hullo to you, too."

Harry felt embarrassed at how he must look. Too peppy, likely dopey smile on his face...

He felt as if he had known Draco for his whole life.

It was then he had a sudden insight.

He has known Draco his whole life. A majority of it, actually.

He's known him just as long as Ron and Hermione.

The thought amused Harry.

It's a wonder they only started talking civilly now.

He grabbed some brisket and started to tuck in.

I wonder where Draco's eating, should I ask him to sit with me?...Would he want to?...Is is too early in the truce?...Where is he?...

Harry looked around the Great Hall. He didn't see any sign of the sarcastic blonde.

He remembered that he left him in the hallway. Maybe he was still there.

Should I go and get him? He wondered.

He tried a few more bites of his food.

Stop worrying. You were paranoid last time and you caught...

A certain Hufflepuff was missing from the table, too.

Harry tried to convince himself to keep eating, but in the end he bid a hasty goodbye to Ron and went off to find his Draco.

Not that he cared that much or anything.

It was just a hero-martyr-habit.

§♦§♦§♦§

"I know why you're making that face," Smith drawled, " I know you tried to Obliviate me."

Perhaps the spell had not worked as well as Draco had hoped.

"I have no idea what you are talking about."

Wow Draco, he snarked to himself, way to go cliché.

Smith thought so as well.

"Don't act stupid, filth," Smith snarled, " I may not remember everything, but I remember enough. You've turned the Chosen One against us, Death Eater!"

Draco thought he heard a clatter of armor, but ignored it for he was still reeling from the confirmation of what he had already suspected was true.

The Chosen One had helped him.

Harry had helped him.

Was that the only reason he had wanted a truce? Because he saw Smith? Because he saw how Draco barely protected himself? Because he saw him take the coward's way out? Because he pitied him?

Harry wouldn't do that.

How do you know that, he questioned himself.

How much do you really know about one Harry Potter?