Chapter 17

"Draco?" Harry hesitantly knocked on the wooden door. "Are you in there?" The door was pulled open. He was greeted by the sight of Draco with slightly bloodshot eyes and a quill tucked behind his ear. He was in his uniform, the dress shirt untucked and tie hanging loose. "I can hang out if you want, I just finished homework," Draco said, yawning in the middle. Harry sheepishly held up his schoolbag. "I was going to ask for some help, but..." He drew out, hoping he would be interrupted. Draco rolled his eyes. "I hadn't said no yet, but I guess I'll help." He opened the door wider. "What haven't you done?" He asked as Harry walked inside the room.

The room was relatively neat, things in piles that whoever owned them might be able to navigate through them. On the bed were mountains of pillows and parchment, the occasional quill popping up. "Hm?" Harry replied as he looked around the room. "Oh, um, I just wanted to finish the essay for Transfiguration and get someone to look at it, I guess. I have some notes I need, too, but I don't want you to feel like you should help me with everything." Draco reached for one of the papers and flopped on one of the pillows. "That's a good idea. I would probably slap you if I tried to teach you right now. I'll look over my essay while you finish. I'll look over yours then." He cut off the conversation by starting to read the paper.

Harry stood for a couple of seconds, unsure whether he should grab a chair, which was covered with books, or risk lying down next to Draco. He felt comfortable with Draco, but still wasn't sure what he could and what he could do around him. The bed creaked slightly as he sat down gingerly on the edge. He looked to check Draco's reaction, which was none. He got more comfortable, and started working on the essay. The same position wasn't as comfortable a few minutes later, and he hesitantly asked if he could lie down next to Draco. "Of course!" Came the surprised reply. Draco scooted over to make room for him.

Lying next to Draco, he could feel his eyes reading over his shoulder. "You misspelled that word there." Draco finally pointed out. "What word." Harry murmured, looking back over his shoulder. His nose touched the tip of Draco's, and he found himself staring into Draco's mercury eyes. He awkwardly coughed and looked away. "What word?" He asked again, firmly looking at his paper. Draco acted as though everything was normal and pointed out the word, leaving Harry to fix it. Everything was perfectly fine, sort of. Harry tried to dispel these thoughts as he reworked his paper.

The clock ticked a quarter till' 12 when Harry set his quill down. He rubbed his sore eyes.  Looking over his shoulder, he saw Draco facing the other way on the bed. "Hey," He whispered without knowing why. "I'm done." Draco didn't turn to face him. Harry grew slightly annoyed. He had come to get work done and now Draco wasn't even paying attention to him. Not that he needed his attention. He could do perfectly fine on his own. "I'm finished with the essay, can you look over it now?" He asked louder. When he waited for a few seconds and Draco still didn't turn around, he leaned over to look at him.

Draco's chest rose and fell in steady beats. His lips were curved in a contented curve they would never make while he was awake. His eyes where lightly closed, his eyelashes brushing the tops of his cheeks. Harry abruptly realized he was staring and looked away, lying down on the plush bed. How creepy it is to watch someone sleep was part of the reason. The other part, well, it was hard to explain to himself.

It was a strange feeling. No, it wasn't, it was a familiar feeling but he was trying to convince himself it wasn't. It was a strange and definitely unfamiliar feeling that occurred randomly. No, it occurred only when he and Draco were alone, but he was trying to convince himself it doesn't. It made him feel like he is getting to know a part of himself when they are together. A very sarcastic and sometimes annoying part of himself, but a part nonetheless. Something about that made him feel nervous, but not apprehensive. He was nervous that if he finds out what the feeling was, he would know exactly what the feeling was long before he could identify the exact feeling. He shut off the light and tried not to think about it.Listening to the steady breaths of his companion, he drifted off to sleep.