Chapter 1

Harry Potter drummed his quill nervously against his desk in the Aurors' office.
He was only 18 and yet here he was, a legal adult in the Wizarding World with steady income. Why am I not surprised, he thought to himself, I am the Boy who Lived. He chuckled drily. That nickname really annoyed him at times.

His best friend Ron Weasely choose that moment to barge into his office, breathing heavily.

"Letter...from.....from Hermione.." He said tossing the envelope onto Harry's desk.

Harry glanced up from his paperwork. Merlin, did he miss the good old days when Hermione could practically do it for him.

"You got winded from walking down a flight of stairs?"

Ron shrugged and said "Just open it!"

Harry tore open the envelope with the Hogwarts seal. Hermione had decided to go back to Hogwarts for "eighth year" and Harry and Ron had decided to go and try to find jobs.

Dear Ron and Harry,

I am fine here at Hogwarts. Its fine really, I have Luna and Ginny to keep me company. I talked to Headmistress McGonagall and she said you two would always be welcomed at Hogwarts if you choose to come back now. I hope you decide to, I miss you both so much.

Strangely, Malfoy hasn't been giving me any problems, but it is a welcome surprise.

Hope to see you soon!

Hermione

Ron scowled.

"Why did she have to go and mention Malfoy?"

Harry laughed.

"Jealous, much?"

Ron blushed scarlet and mumbled, "I just miss her."

Harry smiled at his ginger friend.

"I do too. And working now doesn't feel right since we technically didn't finish school."

Ron nodded, agreeing.

Harry then remembered what Hermione had written. Come back, that's it!

He leaped out of his chair, startling Ron.

"Bloody hell, mate!"

"LetsgobacktoHogwartspleaseRonpleaseagreetocomebackwithmeIknowyoumissHermioneletsgopackourbagsalready!"

Harry said, forgetting to slow down.

Ron seemed to get the gist of it.

"Hogwarts? Now?!? Schools already started.."

"She said it would be fine..."

"We've already missed so much.."

Harry cut him off for the last time.

"Hermione or here?"

"Hermione." Ron responded quickly.

"So let's go!" Said Harry.

••••

After a long talk with Kingsley, and convincing him that it would be good to finish their education, the two went their separate ways, Ron to start packing, and Harry to write a letter to Headmistress McGonagall telling her that they were coming tommorow and expected the Hogwarts Express to be at the station at 10'oclock sharp.