Chapter 10

Okay, people here is the newest update. Hope you enjoy it, one of my favorites so far to write!

And thank you everyone for all the reads! Over 1K!

•~~°~~•

Stop it! He howled to himself.

This had been a problem in the beginning. When he got stressed, or mad, or had any extreme emotion, he shut people out.

Went cold.

Instead of facing the problem, he would bottle his feelings up.

Like he was taught.

Inner Draco struggled against the bonds and manners his father had forced upon him.

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

He tried, very hard in fact. But it's hard to shake off old habits.

•~~°~~•

Harry just stood motionless in the Great Hall after Draco ran off.

His only thought was

Is he okay?

He nearly slapped himself.

He just ran off to his room. Do you think he's okay?

Harry tried to distract himself, and went back to the table to sit with Hermione and Ron. He tried to without alerting them of his presence, but Hermione noticed him anyway.

"Are you okay, Harry?" She asked worriedly.

He froze. He must have looked more distressed than he thought.

"I'm fine, Hermione," he said, forcing a natural-looking smile onto his face, "How are you and Ron?"

"We," Ron said, wrapping his arm around Hermione's shoulders, "are doing great, mate. How about you? Found the future Mrs.Potter yet? I know for a fact it ain't my sister."

Harry snorted.

"I doubt she even exists. I have the weirdest feeling I am destined to remain single forever."

Ron laughed.

"Forever alone, eh?"

"Yeah, sure," Harry said, "Whatever."

Hermione rolled her eyes at her friends' childish antics, and they all began to tuck into their lunch.

A red haired girl was quietly shocked.

Harry didn't think about Draco until the next morning, he didn't see him until the next morning, either.

He quietly padded into the Great Hall, with his head down and a lack of eye contact with everyone.

He sat down, and the surrounding people at the table scooted a little farther away from him. He didn't show any reaction and just reached out to grab some toast. Harry tried to make some sort of gesture of "Are you okay?", but when he did, he was met with a cold glance.

There wasn't a flicker of emotion in the mercury eyes, not even indifference.

Harry abruptly stopped gesturing and just poked at his own piece of toast.

What had happened? Had he done something wrong?

It would be one of the last times he would see Draco in the morning for a while.

•~~°~~•

Draco tried to feel guilty as Harry looked confused at his cold stare, but couldn't find a good reason why.