Chapter 6

Shizuka-sensei surprised with the assignment me and Yukina did. She must never expected me to do an assignment with a partner so flawlessly. Beside she only give us two days to finished it and we only finished it by one day. Maybe having a partner really do came in handy.

"Kai, I'm surprised you even finished it. Knowing you I thought you wouldn't even done it". I don't know if that's a compliment or an insult.

"Okay... Now we can begin with the new topics today". She continued teaching until the bell rang. Now its recess.

Ok. Now I'm gonna get going for my lunch. Then, Yukina walked towards me. " Hey Kai-kun, do you want to eat lunch together?". "No" I answered. "W-why?". "You probably don't know but I prefered to eat alone".

"Uh? You're no fun, Kai-kun". I thought I already had this conversation with my little sister the other day. "Come on. Just this once? Please?". She begged me using that innocent look on her face. Why? Why can't I said no to that face? "Fine. But I'll pick the spot". "Yeah!". She jumped with joy.

We went to my usual eating spot.

"So you usually eat here, huh? Must be lonely" she said. No because I wanted to be alone. This is the only place where I can fully relaxed my mind and soul. There was a bench there so we sat and ate.

Then, Maria ran towards us. Why did she came anyway? Man, I wish I don't have to see her after what just happened this morning.

"Yukina, where did you run off to? I've been looking for you anyway" Marie said. She gave me a quick glance. By that glance I already know you wanted to say 'What are you doing here, creep?', right? "Marie, I'm just having lunch with Kai-kun". I don't think your friend wanted to hear that, Yukina.

"Oh" Maria responded. Marie glared at me. She really hated me.

"Hey, Yukina. Do you have some free time this evening?" she asked. "Sorry. I got some club activities. What about tomorrow?". "Tomorrow? I can't. I also got club activities tomorrow". What am I? A wall? Man, when girls talked they forgot everyone.

"Ohh yeah. I forgot tomorrow you have a competition to see who get to participate in the karate tournament". Wait! Karate tournament? Y-you meant she's a member of the karate club? No way. I'm a member too. Not good. DEFINITELY not good!

"Hmm? Kai-kun, aren't you a member of the club too?" Yukina asked. How did she know? What are you a wikipedia or something? "Yes. I'm a member of the karate's club. So? What about it?". "Oh, so you can also participate right?" she asked.

"Of course. They will chose one male and one female for the tournament from every schools". "Oh! So you and Marie can participate in the tournament together!". She put on a gorgeous smile. She really wanted us to get to know each other.

Marie glared at me. I know. I hated you too. But if we happened to get into the tournament together, we just have to accept it.