Chapter 9

After school, huh? The thought of me not holding back was just abnormal. Marie really wanted to faced me head on. She's the only girl who ever wanted to fight me all out. Even the guys I beated up don't want to fight me at my full strength. Why does she wanted to fight me that badly? I need to know the reason.

"Hey, Kai! Would you please stop daydreaming" Mrs Shizuka said with a threatening voice. Crap! I forgot I was still in class. "S-sorry". All my classmates and Shizuka-sensei looked at me shocked. What? What did I do?

"Kai, are you feeling alright? You never apologize to anybody before" Shizuka-sensei said. Now that's just rude. Well it's true I never apologize to anybody. I'll oftenly said 'whatever' or 'like I care'. Then, Mrs Shizuka continued her lesson. Was it so weird for me to say sorry?

The bell rang which meant it's time for me to go to the dojo. Then,Yukina walked towards me

"Kai-kun, are you going?". "Of course. I'm not a person who won't keep his promises" I said. "Kai-kun, why did you hold back agaisnt Marie?" Yukina asked. She looked like she really wanted to know.

"I got my reason". "Well I want to know" Yukina said. She won't let it slide, huh? Fine. "I got a principle of my own. That I won't fight anybody without any reasons. On top of that, I'll never fight a girl. My mother always said 'Never fight a girl no matter what the reason is'. That's why I won't fight a girl" I explained.

"Then, why did you fight Marie?" she asked.

"That wasn't a fight. That was just some sparring between two karate students. So to not let my principle go down the sink, I need to hold back". She seem surprised by my explaination. "That's good to hear". She looked relief. "Now, let's head to the dojo!" Yukina said while grabbing my hand and dragged me to the dojo. "Okay" I said with a smile. She was really nice.

We arrived at the dojo. Marie was already in her gear. "Hurry up and get ready, bastard". That really pissed me off. "Fine". I got into my karate's gear. I went to Marie.

"Are you ready?" she asked. "Yes but first, why do you want to fight me so badly?" I asked. I need to know. "Why? I guess we'll find out after you beat me". She went into her fighting stance. So it's gonna be like that, huh? "Fine". "Good luck you two!" Yukina cheered for the both of us.

Marie started with a double punch. I blocked it. I gave her a hook and she ducked. She attacked me using her knee. I managed to dodge it. That was too close. I walked a couple steps back and dashed. I did a flying side kick. She managed to dodge it.

She's good. I landed correctly. She gave me a roundhouse kick. I blocked it. I grabbed her leg and swiped her other leg and she fell. "I won. Are you happy now?" I said.

"You got me for a second there. Who knew you were so strong". What's that supposed to mean? "Now. Do you mind tell me why you want me to go all out?" I asked.

"Fine. You know how I said you're a creep, a piece of thrash and more? I meant it". I'm gonna beat her up. "But two weeks ago... When you were fighting your heart out on the map, I was thinking that you were cool for a moment". For a moment, huh?

"That's why I wanted to spar with you. I wanted to know how it felt like to fight somebody with someone like you. You got the determination that I seek". Determination, huh? What a stupid reasoning. I don't have such thing.

"Maybe I also got the wrong impression of you" she said.

"Wow! You guys looked like you've become friend" Yukina said. "You can say that again, Yukina" Marie said standing up. "After today, you can consider me as your friend, bastard". She pulled out a devilish yet sweet smile.

"Sure". Wait? When did I wanted to have friend? What's happening to me? Today really is a weird day.