Chapter 10

After the sparring incident, me and Marie became friend for some unknown reason. For someone like me who doesn't want to have friends, be friends with somebody so casually. It felt so weird yet so normal.

"Hey, kouhai-kun. What are you wondering off for? Are you thinking about something?" Reiko-san asked. I was surprised by her sudden question. I know I'm her junior here at the cafe but that doesn't mean you can jump scared me.

"Nothing much" I said casually. "Then, go back to work" she putted on a smile then continued her work. There wasn't a lot of people today, that's why I wandering off in my own imagination.

Then, somebody came into the cafe. "Welcome" I greeted.

"Hello, bastard!". It's Yukina and Marie. "Marie, don't call him that. Good evening, Kai-kun". Now that's what I called manner. "What are you guys doing here?". "Why? We got tuition classes near here. We often come here before go back home" Marie said. So that's why.

"Well, may I take your order?" I asked. Hopefully she won't say anything rude to me like before. "I'll like a vanilla milkshake. Yukina?". "I'll have a chocolate milkshake" Yukina said. The same as last time. "Coming right up"

"Yukina, do you like chocolate?" I asked. Yukina seem surprised. What? Did I said something wrong? "Y-yes, I do" she said. I see. Wait. Why did she sounded nervous?

"Yukina loves chocolate" Marie said. I see. "Hey, what's this? Kouhai-kun, I never thought you had girl friends?" Reiko-san interrupted. "Reiko-san". "Who this? Is she you're girlfriend, bastard?" Marie said. Hell no! What made you think she's my girlfriend?

"No! Of course not. She's just a worker here and my senior" I said try to clear the misunderstanding. "Oh? Kouhai-kun, why not? I'm single at the moment". "I'm not interested" I said. "You're no fun, Kouhai-kun" she said then continued her work.

Then Yui came. "Onii-chan, you forget to get me again!". "Sorry. There were many people today" I said. There's another reason why, I was lazy and you're probably will stop by here later.

"Oh. Yukina-nee! Why are you here?" Yui asked. "Just hanging out with Marie" Yukina said. "Marie?". Yui looked around. "Oh. Bitch". The heck? Well, the first time they met they don't actually got the right first impression.

"Can you please don't call her that?" I said. "Why? Are you into her, onii-chan?". Hell no! "No! She's my customer". "Oh. Onii-chan... You've changed. You never committed yourself on something. You've become from unreliable to reliable". It's that line supposed to make me felt better?

"Oh. The delinquent can have manners, huh?" Marie said. She really pissed me off. "Whatever. Order up". I handed them their drinks. "Thanks. We'll see you tomorrow" Yukina said. "Sure" I said with a smile. At least Yukina didn't talk trash about me.

"Onii-chan... You've become rather popular around girls". What's that supposed to mean? "Onii-chan, a strawberry milkshake for me" Yui ordered. "Sure. It's on the house". "Yeah! That's why I love you!" She said. I'm lucky that I got a little sister like her.

Man, am I really been popular around girls? Like I care. But what I do know that I did changed. I was a person who won't want to have friends no matter what. Now, I have friends and yet I didn't complained instead I was happy. What have gotten into me?

Whenever I saw Yukina and Marie, I wanted to smile. Really. What have gotten into me?

"This world is a strange place, huh?" I said to myself.