Chapter 18

I was wandering off again today. The sight of those two guys last night reminded me of that painful memories. But if it wasn't for that time, I won't be as I am today.

"Hey, Kai-kun. What's with the long face?" Yukina asked. "Hmm? It's nothing". " Are you sure? Cause right now you're looking off today as if really off" she said. "I said it's nothing!" I raised my voice a little bit which is something I'm not used to do to a girl.

I sighed. "Sorry for raising my voice. I just need a little bit of time alone" I said. Yukina nodded and walked away. As she walked away I remembered that moment once again.

It was a year ago,

I was lectured by my boss, Akira, who was one of the most wanted criminal in Japan. "Can't you do one simple task without messing it up?!" he said as I looked down at the floor. I was afraid.

"Boss, take it easy. He's still new and only have been working for a week now. Give him some time" my senpai at the time, Toruo. He was the only person that looked after me in this shitty gang.

"Fine but if he messed up the next time, I'll make sure he'll get his punishment and so will you, Toruo" he said as he walked away. The boss was really a scary person. "Don't mind him, Kai. He's just in a bad mood today. You know with all the other gangs in this town trying to put him out of the game". " Why is that?" I asked

"Why? Because they want to take full control of this city and right now our boss is controlling it" he said. At that moment, I've learned that human wanted to control everything and everyone.

"Enough about that. Why don't we take a break?" he said. "What? Are you serious right now? What if the boss found us slacking?" I asked as I was still afraid of him. "It's no big deal. Beside, all the gang members here would never snitch for their fellow members so you don't have anything to worry about".

I sighed and went with him to this cafe he said he liked. For a gang member, I though he would go to a bar or something.

"Hey, Reiko" he said as he walked into the cafe. "Hey, Toruo. It's been a while since you came here" she said. They were talking about something but I didn't really care.

"Hmm? How is this little guy?" she said. Of all the thing she could have called me, she called me a little guy. "My name is Reiko and you are?" she introduced herself at me when she wouldn't have too. "K-Kai" I said. Why was I so nervous for? I was just introducing my name to her.

"Are you a friend of Toruo or something?" she asked. "Yes. Kai-kun is my kouhai in the group" he said casually. "Oh. So Kouhai-kun was the new guy you mention before?" she asked. Toruo talked about me to her?

He nodded. "And Kai. Please do not call her Reiko. Show some respect for your senpai, okay?" Toruo said. Toruo had been nice to me for all the time I've been in the group so I can at least do just that. "Okay. Nice to meet you, Reiko-san" I said as I bowed down.

"Okay okay. Are you guys want to chat all day or drink some coffee?". "Hehe. We'll both have some chocolate latte" Toruo ordered and we were drinking and talking for about an hour.

After the drink we went back to the abandoned mansion. We were lucky that the boss wasn't there when we were slacking off.

One of the gang members called out Toruo. "Hey, Toruo! The boss have a duty for you. Let's go" he said. Toruo nodded and went with him. I don't know what to do since I was not close with any of the other members except for Toruo.

I was walking around the mansion waiting for Toruo to return.

After a few hours, he return with bruises on his face and body. I was surprised that Toruo got beated up so badly since he was one of the strongest member in the gang.

"How can you let yourself get beat up so badly, Toruo?!" the boss said angrily. "I'm s-sorry, boss. T-there was this little girl there and they were gonna kill her if I fight back" Toruo said. "I don't care about that little shit! Because of your stupidity, our works can't be done!".

The boss was a cold-hearted monster who doesn't care about others rather than himself. "Tonight, you will be punish" he said. Toruo agreed to the decision. The boss including all the members left the scene with Toruo laying on the ground.

"Why are you getting punish for doing the right thing?" I asked. "The right thing? You think being in a gangster gang is a right thing to do? Everything we do here are illegal and that's not something good" he said. He got a point. "Do you want to know why I joined this group?" he asked.

"It's because I want to see for myself if I still have that light of kindness in me and today I found out that I still have that light. So I don't care if he want to punish me or anything because as long as I have found that light, I will take on anyone and anything".

That was one of the most shittiest reason I have heard in my life but the fact that Toruo was serious with his reason made me questioned myself, 'Why were I wanted to be in the gang?'. Even I don't know the reason behind that.

Night have finally arrived and it's the time for the punishment. "Today, your punishment, Toruo will be a bullet in the head". All the members was shocked by the punishment that the boss said especially me.

'A bullet? For saving a little girl from getting kill?' I thought angrily. I was about to step in but Toruo gave me the 'stop' look.

"A bullet in the head? I'm not afraid of dying. You are just another piece of shit in this world and eventually every pieces of shit will die the same way as me" Toruo boldly said which made the boss mad.

The bullet have been released and Toruo body laid hardly on the ground with blood on his forehead. Toruo's dead. I felt so many emotions at that moment I don't know how to react.

"Okay, now let's kill his family" the boss said which made my body started to boil. "His family?! He already got the punishment! Leave his family alone!" I screamed angrily. "I don't care. Toruo annoyed me with his last words so in punishment his family will pay for it" he casually said.

He has crossed the FUCKING line.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!" I screamed as I charged at him and gave him a powerful cross right on his face. I punched and kept punching until he can't feel his face anymore. At that moment, I knew I have changed into a different kind of person.

After I've done with the boss, I attacked all of the members. I didn't care anymore. 'I will beat him, I will beat his friends and I will beat his goddamned gang members!' my anger has erupted and it wouldn't stop until I tore them all into pieces.

At midnight, I looked at all the bodies laying on the ground with bruises and blood on their faces and bodies.

"I'm sorry, Toruo. I should've keep my anger and frustration to myself" I said to him as I walked away from the street. After that moment, all the gangs in the city have given me the nickname, Ironfist. A man with no emotion and can defeat a single group of people without anyone's help.