thirty-seven

Before you start, it's unusual for me to do the author note before, but I think that for the last chapter it's appropriate :)

I know I asked before, but I'm still considering creating a second book, instead of posting the second part in this book, but your opinion matters to me, so tell me what you think about that. Would you mind if I created a second book ?

I'm leaving for Brussels and Amsterdam on Monday and I probably won't post the prologue until August 14. I might post the synopsis before, though.

This is the last chapter of the first part of Anchor. I asked if you wanted it in 2 parts, but 90% of you wanted a long last chapter, so here it is ! Hope you enjoy it ! Please please, vote and comment. I'm sure you'll have a lot to say about the ending ;)

Thank you for all your love on this book ! love love love love love you all ! <3

.
.
.

I had always enjoyed taking the train.

From a very young age, my parents and I would get on the train almost every week. During the summer, we would take it to get to the coast that was an hour away and spend the day at the beach.

It was my favourite way of transportation, simply because whenever I took the train, I was heading where I wanted most: the beach on my way there and my bed on my way back. Today, I loved taking the train for the memories, but also because, at the age of twenty, the train had the same effect: my parents on my way there and Harry on my way back. 

I was heading to my parent's house alone. Harry hadn't gone back on his decision, but he did drive me to the train. Stealing a few kisses and locking me in a solid hug, before letting me go. He made promises of texting and calling as much as he could, and I reminded him that I was only leaving for two days. Then he argued that we had spent every day of the week together and that he wasn't used to being away from me anymore. 

Maybe I shredded a few tears once the train started to move and Harry slowly disappeared from my field of vision. Maybe I looked at the empty seat next to me and wished that Harry would've decided to come after all. But I would admit to none of that. 

The past week had been something else. Harry and I saw each other almost every day. He would often come and pick me up from work and sleep at my place, then drive me back to work in the morning. He had suggested once or twice that we sleep at his place, but I didn't want to, I wasn't ready to go back there yet.

His place had been tainted with the memory of him with a girl on his lap. Simply thinking about going there reminded me of the cruel words he had said to me that day. I wasn't ready to go back there yet. So all week, we stayed at my place and avoided to speak about anything too serious.

I think that unknowingly we both wanted to take it easy, have a week without any complications and simply learn to be together and see where that would lead us. For a week, we could leave the complications behind; we could leave the fights, the misunderstandings, the apologies or anything that could hurt us. We deserved it. 

The topic of our relationship had been avoided as well, leaving me in the dark, once again, but I let it go. Because whatever we were doing, it was working so far. I was happy with Harry, I was happy when there were no complications, and for now, it was more than enough for me. 

I arrived at my parents' house Saturday in the evening and was greeted with a warm embrace from both of my parents. It took everything I had not to start crying. The distance had made it seem like I didn't miss my parents too much, but as they held me in their arms, pinched my cheeks and commented on how much I had changed, although nothing had changed, I realized just how much I had missed them.