Chapter 9

Jack hadn't moved. He just lay there, staring down at the rushing waters below. He was frozen in shock. The sentences you had said kept echoing through his head: 'you wont stop failing'
'I'm not the girl you knew anymore!'
'Let me go!'
'You were to late, Jack!'

Tears started to stream down his cheeks as he pulled his arm that hung still over the edge back. The arm with the hand that hadn't been able to hold onto you.

"Jack..." a furry paw took place on his head. The winter spirit glanced over before folding his arms and burrying his face in them.
Bunnymund had sat down beside him.
"L-leave me.." his voice cracked.
"And let ya freeze your face to ya arms? No bloody way." Bunny said.
Jack just kept silent, sobbing silently. I didn't matter whatever bunny was going to say, it wouldn't help. His usally cheerfull spirit was gone compleetly. The normal cockyness and care-free demander were nowhere to be seen.

"Jack, you have to get up. Crying isn't going to solve this." Bunny said, sighing and slightly stroking the white hair in an attempt to calm him.

Jack flinched slighty at his action. "...then what is? She doesn't want to be saved. She moved on. She's one of there's now!" he slowly sat up whiping his eyes firiously.
Bunny raised a brow. "Oi, frostbite, calm down. We know what happene-"
"What happened is that I failed! I failed to save the one teenager that believes in all of us! Me even!" The blue eyed male yelled, glaring at bunny. "She trusted me! And I just came too late..."

Bunny sighed after the outburst. "Jack, you couldn't come sooner either. You did everything you could. We did everything we could."
"But it was not enough, was it?" Jack said, glaring slightly.
Bunny huffed and crossed his arms. "But what puzzels me, is the fact that ya seem to care about her more then anything. As a teenager who believes she is imortant to us all, but you don't even see the sheila as just that anymore, do ya?"

Jack blinked, a few tears that were still in his eyes falling down. 'He's right...' he thought. 'Why do I even care so much..? I've known her two days, yet...'

"I-I don't know...I'm probably getting sick or something. I feel so warm.."

Bunny blinked. "Hold up, you feel warm? "
Jack only nodded, frowning a bit at noticing how weird that is for him. "I-I am."
Quickly a furry paw was placed against his forehead and soon after a yell sounded. "Tooth! Get over here! We've got a problem!!"

Your P.O.V.

You gasped for air as you resurfaced again a good distance away from the cliff you had fallen from. Panting heavilly you pulled yourself on dry land and sat up, leaning on your hands.
God, that was colder then you had expected. Why did you jump in it again? Oh yeah, because of him.
You sighed and pulled your hair to the side and squeezed the water out of it.

"I see you got away?"

you snapped you head back at the sudden voice and relaxed a bit when you saw it was Mary.

"Oh no, I just wanted to take a swim in an ice-cold river and the ice queen has become invisible." You said, rolling your eyes to add some more hints of sass. She smirked and went to sit beside you. "Oh sure, Waters. Had a good swim?"
"Still with the nickname?"
"Oh shush." She grinned a bit and put her bloody boots in the water, the blood flowing along with the river's motion, but not washing off her leather boots. You looked at it for a while before turning back to look ahead.

She spoke again. "You did a good job."
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah. Frosty was devestated when you said that last sentence before plummetting into the water."
You kept silent, recalling the event. Since when were you even that brave? To let yourself fall off a cliff? It was so weird. It wasn't as if you had lost your memories. You still had all of them. But the things was; in all of them you only saw bad things.

"Was that all?"
Marry looked at you, raising a brow. "what?"
"Was that all?" You repeated. "All that you wanted me to do? Honestly, when.you said you needed me for something I had expeced a little more the just taunting the guardians."
Not that you hadn't enjoyed doing it. Their faces. Priceless!

The raven haired girl chuckled evilly. "No, that was not all. By far not all."
Her blood-red eyes glinted dangerously as she looked you in the eye. "But... I am still not allowed to tell you, Waters~"
You huffed at her answer. "I'm one of yours now, right? Why aren't you allowed to tell me?"
She smiled, a smile that almost looked inocent. "Daddy says I can't. He wants you to proof yourself first."
You raised a brow. Daddy? Did spirits have parents too? Well, it could be like an adoption- you shook your head. 'No time to break your head over that now, (f/n)!' You scolded yourself.

"But can't you tell me anything? Like giving me a hint? "
The spirit seemed to think it over and then shrugged, smirking. "A hint wouldn't be telling. It has to do with the eventual disapearance of a selected group of people "
This only made you frown. 'A selected group?' you thought? 'which group would she want to disapear?'
Then it hit you. Your eyes widened as you looked at her. "You're joking, right?"
She giggled. "sweety, I've never been more serious in my immortal life. Or mortal life"
This made you go silent once again, different thoughts running through your mind. 'She is dead serious. God. She really wanted to- no... that is imposible, right? How would I even be able to help with something like that?!'
You sighed. She probably already had a plan.
"That should be imposible, right?"
"Hm? Oh, it was imposible, untill we found you. You will make it posible and in fact," she paused and an evil smirk made it way on her lips as she looked at the cliff I had fallen from. " you have aleady started it."
You blinked, progressing what she said and grinned a bit. "Oh? I have?"
"Yes. It is already starting to affect Frosty."
"How long till it has affected them all?"
She closed her eyes before reopening them, looking ahead. "Around a half year. But if I can find a way to speed up the progress, three weeks probably." She smirked and pulled her boots out the water, standing up. "Three more weeks and then..."
You looked up at the moon and smirked with her, finishing her sentence
"..those guardians will be gone forever."

-------
Okay, so, first of all, sorry!!!
I took so long again!
Seccondly, so many votes and reads... i don't get it. Is it really such a good story?
Thanks though!~