chapter 11

"Please stay."
You looked back at Jack's pleading face. But the cracking sound of wood made your head whip up towards the door and you tried to pull away from his grip. "Jack, I've got to go and you shouldn't be out of bed-"
He interrupted you when he tugged on your arm and made you stumble against him. He let go of your wrist and put his arms securely around you, resting his head on your shoulder.
You were frozen in shock and just stood there in his embrace as the door finally reached it's limit and flew off it's hinges.
Jack didn't pay any mind to the huge piece of wood that missed him by just a hair and crashed into the wall.
"Oi, Frostbite! Who are you talking to-" Bunny stopped dead in his tracks as he saw you two. In an embrace at that.
You looked over at him when you finally got a bit of sense back and immediately your cheeks got a pink colour. You tried to push yourself away from the winter spirit, but he had an iron grip on you and didn't even seem to notice the other guardians entering the room.
"J-Jack..." you managed to stutter out.
"Why the bloody hell are you here, you-"
"Bunny!" Tooth said sternly, slapping his arm. "She hasn't made a move to hurt him yet so don't get all aggressive!"
The pooka rubbed his arm and glared at her. "Who says she isn't going to?!"

While they kept on bickering, you felt someone staring holes in the back of your head. You turned and blinked a bit when you saw it was Sandy. He seemed rather calm on contrary to the others. Maybe because of the fact that he never spoke and really just couldn't join in on the argument, but you weren't sure.
Since you couldn't turn properly you kept your head turned towards him and raised a brow. "uhm... can you maybe, I don't know, help me?"
He looked at you sceptically, probably trying to figure out what your intentions were.
You sighed and turned your head back forward. "Never mind. I'll just do it myself. " and with that said you placed your hands on Jack's chest and pushed yourself away from him. "Jack.. a little space please.."
Said spirit blinked and let go of you. "Oh uhm.. " he chuckled nervously. "Sorry."
You took a step back from him and nodded, not saying more. You had to get out of here. This wasn't going as planned anymore. The guardians weren't supposed to get into the room. Sneaking away was the best option now. But you needed a distraction.
And that didn't seem all that difficult. Bunny was busy arguing with Tooth and North was trying to get them to stop. However, Sandy was still looking at you and so was Jack.
You cursed inwardly and then spoke up. "Oi! Kangaroo! Easter is not such an important holiday!"

As soon as you'd said that he froze, stopping his argument with Tooth and looking at you with a twitchy eye. "What was that, Sheila?"
Jack covered his mouth to hold back his laughter while North just laughed as he hit Bunny on the back. "Now you hear from someone else!"
You smirked at Bunny and tilted your head. "You heard me, Kangaroo." You provoked him more, taking a step back to the window.
The huge bunny scowled at you. "I'll have ya know that it very well is an important holiday. It's been there before Christmas even existed!"
"It may be old, but that doesn't make it better~" you continued, standing now right at the window. Jack was laughing now, having given up on holding it back.
"Why you little brat!" Bunny sprinted towards you and you just smiled sweetly at him. You moved out of the way last minute and because of that, the Easter Bunny jumped out of the window instead of on you. He cried out in surprise and fear as he fell down the three story high building, flailing his arms to reach anything he would be able to hold onto, but his paws found nothing to grab. He rapidly approached the snow covered ground and he instinctively crossed his arms for his face and closed his eyes as if that would prevent him from feeling the pain that was undoubtedly to come. But when he didn't feel any, he frowned and cracked one eye open. "... Am I dead?" He asked no one in particular.
"Not yet, Kangaroo. Although you were pretty close" Jack said as he descended to the ground and put the bunny down.
Bunny looked at him and felt himself to make sure he was still in one piece. "B-But.."
"I caught you just in time" Jack chuckled and patted his back. "And you said my staff was lame. It saved your life, Bunny" he unhooked the staff from bunny's belt as he looked at the winter spirit. "One, ya shouldn't be out the bloody bed and two, that Sheila of yours is out of her mind! She intended to kill me!"
Jack frowned and points his staff at him, pushing him back a bit. "I am fine! In fact, I feel better since (F/n) came by and it is your own fault for jumping at her!"
Bunnymund blinked a bit and then scowled. "Are ya seriously covering for her? After what she did to ya?"
"She did nothing wrong to me and you were the one who just had to jump. She only dodged you!"
"She smiled while doing so! And she is the bloody reason you're sick!" The pooka exclaimed, causing Jack to go silent and frown in confusion. "She is the reason I'm sick? What are you talking about?"
Hearing that question, bunny realized what he had done and regretted it immediately. "I mean, uhm, well," he tried to think if something to take what he had said back, but couldn't think of anything. He sighed and looked at Jack. "She is what caused your fever. I know it may sound weird, but that's the reason we want ya to forget about her"
Jack blinked a bit and raised a brow, not understanding how you could've made him sick. Even if you had a fever, it wouldn't have effected him. "Kangaroo, you're not making any sense."
Said bunny as he sighed and flicked his forehead. "Ya have been around her and thinking of her for so long that ya started to change! You're being corrupted and that means you'll turn human again!"
Jack's eyes widened, looking at Bunnymund in shock. "I'm... turning human?"
"Yes!" Bunny said as he sighed, putting his paws on Jack's shoulders and looking at him with a serious expression. "Ya need to forget her, Jack. Ya drowned as a human.. ya will be dead if ya change back."